Hey!

Rolls-Royce

Hi, guys and gals. I'm recently retired, have been building models since my childhood, and am starting to get back into the hobby after a spell away. My current interest is 1:48 WWII fighters, both Allied and Axis. My last real model efforts were when enamels ruled and acrylics were just beginning to show up, so it's been a while. I've been lurking around here a bit soaking up Spitfire lore, and decided to sign up. I'm looking forward to being able to learn and contribute in some small manner along the way.

---Royce---

• Like 2

On 4/18/2019 at 7:20 AM, Rolls-Royce said:

lurking

Welcome to the club, stop lurking and start asking, these guys are awesome and willing to support new modelers or guys like you and me, with experience "back in the day" but haven't built a kit in a long time. For me, it's been over 30 years, times have certainly changed. When I last built a kit, there was no internet, the most exposure to building I had, was my local hobby shop.

Today all that has changed, as have the mediums used and the tools required to do it right, turning a hobby into fine art, at least in my opinion anyway.

So welcome aboard!

Anthony.

PS. If you have not already found scalemates, I really suggest you do. Before buying any model, check it out via their search engine, you will find everything you need to know with links going everywhere about reviews and aftermarket swag, they have a phenomenal database.