This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

Does anybody give a grump?!!

@PhantomBigStuJust reading an article on the BBC News website about how Barclays handled a mistake about a fellows inheritance which was erroneously paid into someone else's account, worth a read. Fair enough the fellow made the initial mistake (wrong sort code) that saw  £195,000 being paid into the wrong customers account but the bank didn't pick up that the name on the account didn't match. He had to take them to court, spending £45,000 before they would do anything. The bank were prepared to let someone else walk away with the fellow's inheritance! Just another example of how the banking industry could do with a shake-up.

big grump.

big mistake - I decided to clean my laptop key board - thats the one I use for here.

The top of the S key has come off and its not working well and the top of the # / ~ key is loose so its not working correctly

Do you realise just how many times you use the letter s ?!?

I was going to invest in a newer laptop in the new year but it looks like it'll be sooner

Just now, Black Knight said:

big mistake - I decided to clean my laptop key board - thats the one I use for here.

The top of the S key has come off and its not working well and the top of the # / ~ key is loose so its not working correctly

It's not a great solution, but get a separate USB keyboard,  half the keys don't work on this thing, so that's what I did!   Even as stop gap it will help, and its a cheap 'fix' 

For the second time i've tried to put a PAYG topup into my mobile and it say's there is a problem 'please try again'...Last time i phoned them up and explained the problem so they know about it (hoping they'd fix it) but no,i'm wondering if it's deliberate so people get so miffed they'd get a contract or it's just total incompitance....

Edited by Vince1159

Now that winter is upon us, we are back into that time of year where I find myself shouting at other road users....

"Can't you clean your numberplates?!!"

IanJ

2 hours ago, Troy Smith said:

It's not a great solution, but get a separate USB keyboard,  half the keys don't work on this thing, so that's what I did!   Even as stop gap it will help, and its a cheap 'fix' 

Great idea! thanks

I could use the one from my other computer I think

I once had the F5 key fall off while cleaning the keyboard. Then I accidentally swallowed it.

It was quite refreshing!

8 hours ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

they get worse........

And there are two large-ish islands full of 'em ...

18 hours ago, Black Knight said:

I was going to invest in a newer laptop in the new year but it looks like it'll be sooner

I've got a Lenovo laptop and several of the keys had had the letters/characters wiped through much use. Also some had to be hit really hard just to make them work, so i bought a (new) replacement key board from Amazon for £16, post free. It was the easiest thing in the world to remove the old one and fit the new one.

John.