This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

Does anybody give a grump?!!

Deleted as in contravention of rules....just like the subject of the post

Edited by IanHx

@IanHx

metaphorically steering into into political waters there which is a no-no!

Trevor

1 hour ago, BIG X said:

I'm not a complainer by nature - I'm generally a pretty happy-go-lucky kinda guy - but...

...I have learned to hate newspaper websites - they all take forever to load and rarely cover the item properly that they lured you in to view.

& then when you get there, they let you read half the article before greying it out & asking you to take out a sub. In your dreams sunshine. 😠 🖕

Steve.

9 minutes ago, Max Headroom said:

@IanHx

metaphorically steering into into political waters there which is a no-no!

Trevor

Whoops.. umm..err... what scale Los Angeles class kits are available ?

Today's grump; vehicles, usually of the delivery variety, but also cars, which when they stop outside  row of shops to deliver, put their hazard lights on. They are often parked amongst other vehicles, so all you can see is the offside indicator winking, giving the impression that they are about to pull out. Why do they need to have their hazards going? None of the other vehicles parked in that line have them on. It just causes confusion.

John.

Also delivery vans that double park - with or without hazard lights flashing.

18 minutes ago, Ratch said:

I know what you mean Ratch, it can be a pain in the rear, but I do have some sympathy for them having done the job on occasion, ( and this is one of the reasons why I would never take one of those jobs again). Van drivers are given a ridiculous number of drops to do in a day, as many as 50-60. Fine for them who know the route and where to park, but if you're new or an agency driver, you haven't a clue. A lot of shops have no delivery area and whatever you are delivering has to be taken in through the shop itself, meaning that you have to park outside, if there is space. Sometimes the shop keeper will make you wait while he sorts out  a customer or tries to make space for something that he knew was due to arrive. And then there's the ever present traffic warden. On the couple of occasions when I did one of these jobs because I had a day off from the main job, I took back at least half of the drops, undelivered. They were not best pleased. Hence, I never did that job again. It's too stressful.

John.

9 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nose check boards annoy me, why do they always disintegrate or never fit onto the particular kit at hand? 

That must be a peculiarly British thing....we dont have any Boards here that check ones nasal appendage.

Do you have a picture of one of these Nose Check Boards? Wouldn't a mirror be more useful?

On 9/10/2019 at 1:55 PM, Ratch said:

We have a particular Landlord in Stamford. He used to put cones out to give us somewhere to park to deliver his beer. Well over a thousand pounds worth.

He knows which day and more or less what time we'll be there. Nowadays he can't be bothered. So we have to double park or take it back to Lincoln.

He can't even be bothered to sort out the empties, but we have to put up with it. I'm sure people think it comes down pipes from the brewery!  🍺

Hi Pete in Lincs,

I feel you're wasting your time trying to get any non professional drivers to understand real world driving. All they are interested in is being able to park where they want when they want. Marked loading bays complete with notices of prohibition are only there to be ignored. I'm done with it now, retired, but I would have loved it if all the truck & van drivers in the country either went on strike for a week or all took a weeks holiday at the same time. That would have woken them up. Going off my experience I think the majority of drivers these days are angry, spiteful, thoughtless & selfish, a significant proportion of those are also stupid into the bargain.

12 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Nose check boards annoy me, why do they always disintegrate or never fit onto the particular kit at hand? 

Do you mean checkerboard decals?

16 minutes ago, spaddad said:

16 minutes ago, spaddad said:

I did but my busted autoexposure keeps interesting in my workings 😂

9 hours ago, PhantomBigStu said:

I did but my busted autoexposure keeps interesting in my workings 😂

I have no idea what you are trying to say.

13 hours ago, Pete in Lincs said:

We have a particular Landlord in Stamford. He used to put cones out to give us somewhere to park to deliver his beer. Well over a thousand pounds worth.

He knows which day and more or less what time we'll be there. Nowadays he can't be bothered. So we have to double park or take it back to Lincoln.

He can't even be bothered to sort out the empties....

Hmm, take it he has a free house, Pete? Bet the (what used to be brewery dray teams) really go out of their way to help.....NOT!

Beer deliveries are exempt from my previous comment :cheers:

On 9/12/2019 at 8:01 PM, Pete in Lincs said:

I'm sure people think it comes down pipes from the brewery!  🍺

:hmmm: now THERE'S an idea for how to repurpose the gas central heating network when the hair shirt brigade don't let us keep our homes warm by burning gas....  

On 9/10/2019 at 2:25 PM, Bullbasket said:

I know what you mean Ratch, it can be a pain in the rear, but I do have some sympathy for them having done the job on occasion, ( and this is one of the reasons why I would never take one of those jobs again). Van drivers are given a ridiculous number of drops to do in a day, as many as 50-60. Fine for them who know the route and where to park, but if you're new or an agency driver, you haven't a clue. A lot of shops have no delivery area and whatever you are delivering has to be taken in through the shop itself, meaning that you have to park outside, if there is space. Sometimes the shop keeper will make you wait while he sorts out  a customer or tries to make space for something that he knew was due to arrive. And then there's the ever present traffic warden. On the couple of occasions when I did one of these jobs because I had a day off from the main job, I took back at least half of the drops, undelivered. They were not best pleased. Hence, I never did that job again. It's too stressful.

John.

Couldn't agree more with you, John. This was one of the reasons I packed it in as a part time job. Too old now to take the abuse from other drivers.:rofl:

Today's grump - an infected fingertip which has kept me away from modelling for 2 weeks as I'm only just regaining feeling in it.

39 minutes ago, IanHx said:

Today's grump - an infected fingertip which has kept me away from modelling for 2 weeks as I'm only just regaining feeling in it.

That'll teach you not to pick your nose!

10 minutes ago, Bullbasket said:

That'll teach you not to pick your nose!

If only it was that simple....   no idea how it happened. But I do know that #2 xacto blade helped relieve the pressure. And that whatever comes out ( of finger, not nose !) should not be the same colour as Spock's blood....!

Edited by IanHx

2 hours ago, IanHx said:

If only it was that simple....   no idea how it happened. But I do know that #2 xacto blade helped relieve the pressure. And that whatever comes out ( of finger, not nose !) should not be the same colour as Spock's blood....!

I hope that it clears up soon. Anything that gets in the way of modelling is not on.

John.