This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

PhoenixII

Does anybody give a grump?!!

Well the grumpy modeller's thread has gone the way of all flesh....so here's your starter for ten!

@bentwaters81tfw can't, you don't know where I live!! :evil_laugh:

What's really gettin' on me nerves are people going on about the dangers of bacon/red meat/sausages,if you eat in moderation,same as booze....

21 minutes ago, PhoenixII said:

Well the grumpy modeller's thread has gone the way of all flesh....so here's your starter for ten!

@bentwaters81tfw can't, you don't know where I live!! :evil_laugh:

I'll find you. TMI above your avatar.

4 minutes ago, bentwaters81tfw said:

I'll find you. TMI above your avatar.

I know where he lives and I'm not above bribery. :evil_laugh:

Hi Gorby, it's still here. I thought it had gone too.

15 minutes ago, spaddad said:

Hi Gorby, it's still here. I thought it had gone too.

?

Are you channelling your inner Mick?

There but locked. I think grumpy threads shouldn't be closed until they reach 200 pages :devil:

1 hour ago, PhoenixII said:

Well the grumpy modeller's thread has gone the way of all flesh....

What, been re-animated and joined the Night Grump King's army ? 

Grumpy that daughter won't  see my point of view that the ideal new car for the school run is a Toyota Hilux.... ( .50 cal optional) 

Splendid effort chaps! The last Grump thread really limped and lumbered along half heartedly but, at the end, we all pulled together to bring back the Grumpkirk spirit and rocketed past the finishing post. 

Keep up the good work! 

Oh and, just to bring down the mood back to grumpin... I agree the Health Nazi's should leave our bleedin' bacon alone. They've battered ciggies/Tobacco, motor vehicles, hunting, shooting, fishing and just about everything else except booze and drugs (of course they like a bit of weed and a nice glass of red or white) they ain't gonna stop me having a delicious mouth watering bacon roll! 

It reminds me of that old joke. If you give up the bacon, the ciggies, the booze and all the other dangerous pleasures of life you won't actually live longer but it sure will feel like much, much longer!

My current grump is California and cancer warning labels.

My shipments of Tamiya paints were held up in California for two months while they put warning labels on each and every bottle.

They are now talking about putting cancer warning labels on COFFEE!

https://www.popsci.com/california-coffee-cancer-warning

Granted, cancer is not a good thing but I think they might be getting just a little carried away here...

Not normally given to grumping, but this crowd of protesters over climate change want a meeting with the Government to discuss the way forward. I don't recall being consulted about who I wanted to represent me.???

They must all be teachers - everyone else is at work :smartass:

@Tzulscha What exactly is that about with California Cancer labels? After a recent gift of cash from my old mother I bought a very nice and classy Schecter electric guitar and fitted case. Both guitar and case were made in South Korea but Schecter, as I understand it, have all product shipped to their headquarters in California for final inspection and testing before they are cleared for sale. Both guitar and case had numerous tags and stickers telling me that, if I lived in the state of California, both the case and guitar contained a number of substances that would cause me to instantly succumb to the Big C.

19 minutes ago, Tzulscha said:

My current grump is California and cancer warning labels.

My shipments of Tamiya paints were held up in California for two months while they put warning labels on each and every bottle.

They are now talking about putting cancer warning labels on COFFEE!

https://www.popsci.com/california-coffee-cancer-warning

Granted, cancer is not a good thing but I think they might be getting just a little carried away here...

Maybe new born babies should have warning stickers tattooed onto them at birth to warn the future little adults that they may die at some point due to actually just being alive!

Chernobyl has had no effect on the population of Northern Europe but bacon butties are giving folk cancer!! Aye, pull the other one, it's got bells on.

Duncan B

39 minutes ago, Beardie said:

It reminds me of that old joke. If you give up the bacon, the ciggies, the booze and all the other dangerous pleasures of life you won't actually live longer but it sure will feel like much, much longer!

What you actually croak from's boredom....

43 minutes ago, Beardie said:

@Tzulscha What exactly is that about with California Cancer labels? After a recent gift of cash from my old mother I bought a very nice and classy Schecter electric guitar and fitted case. Both guitar and case were made in South Korea but Schecter, as I understand it, have all product shipped to their headquarters in California for final inspection and testing before they are cleared for sale. Both guitar and case had numerous tags and stickers telling me that, if I lived in the state of California, both the case and guitar contained a number of substances that would cause me to instantly succumb to the Big C.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1986_California_Proposition_65

It gets a little political at first but it seems to wind up being about money for lawyers (as usual).

My apologies to all for posting a political note.

2 hours ago, Gorby said:

?

Are you channelling your inner Mick?

Good one. No, should have been Phoenix I quoted, I too thought thread had been binned.

Too much bacon buttie patter, AFK for a bit, guess why?

Right guys, thats better, 3 slices of Bacon, real butter, two slices of uncut, a tomato & pepper. That seems to have got my brain engaged again so I'm more or less in synch with the rest of the world now which has enabled me to catch up, I now know beyond all shadow of a doubt that  the previous grump thread is dead.

Whilst I'm here I would like to take the opportunity to announce that I intend to end my participation in this, or any future, grump related threads. There are several reasons for this. There appears to be a group of quislings who monitor this thread who can't wait to shop anybody who offends their sensibilities & let the mods know, I find this most distateful & as there is no way I can tell who it is, it is affecting how I now think about the community as a whole apart from a few members whom I regard as friends beyond this forum & those who, through their general demeanour on here, I believe to be beyond such base behaviour. Another reason is the censorship imposed by the mods. I realise that we need to control site content to prevent  a descent into the general cesspit that comprises a large portion of the interweb but I believe that, by and large, most of the serious contributors to the various Grump threads have behaved in a restrained & considered manner. Whilst genuine grumping is an integral part of the threads I believe the humour which has developed over time is the main reason most of us keep coming back to the thread & why people who have never grumped drop in now & again for a laugh. On the home page of the site it says this is a site for grown ups yet we run the risk of being censured for cracking on about adult themes ( let me pre-empt all the fnar fnar jokes) in an adult manner. Everyone who contributes regularly knows how far we can go. Everyone who posts in the thread regularly or reads the thread knows that the apparently extreme views & humour expressed therein are mostly for comedic effect. I have enjoyed contributing but have grown tired of having to couch my contributions in acceptable terms whilst constantly looking over my shoulder for the censors. Anybody who feels offended by the contents has a simple solution, all they have to do is not go there.

Anyway I've gone on long enough, no more grumping for me.

Those idiots who claim to be vegans invading farms and abattoirs chaining them themselves to machinery thus causing themselves to a biohazards.

@spaddad Dave sorry to hear that you have given up on our little grump playpen. I can fully appreciate where you are coming from. I guess that, at the end of the day, this is as Mike says, first and foremost a modelling forum and not intended as a social club for irreverent and non-PC people like us just to kick off our shoes relax and let rip at the insanity of the world and the nonsense of the day. Unfortunately humour is fast becoming a thing of the past as there are far too many people who take great delight in taking offence at the drop of a hat. Unfortunately I have looked around this old internet and I can't find a place where you can actually 'bump yer gums' freely (within reason) in a democratic fashion these days. If you decide to drop off the BM scene full stop you got my email if you want to keep in touch. 

The advantages of avoiding all the unhealthy things is that you live longer and save money.

Money you will need to pay for the care facility where you will spend those extra years you have gained by avoiding the things that could have killed you sooner! 

First thing that needs saying is if anyone thinks that Grumpy Modellers was closed due to censorship, they're wrong. It reached the 40 page mark.

But anyway, we now have the Mark 2 version, so here we go. I noticed on the Beeb's news this morning that those fine people making their views known to the rest of us peasants, had managed to get a yacht into the middle of some pedestrianised area in the middle of London. Now I might be slightly naive here, but did they have the assistance of the green fairies, or did they have to use a gas guzzling, atmosphere polluting vehicle to tow it in? Maybe they even managed to sail it through the streets.

As for the business about red meat/ bacon, I have very strong views about this. My Dad passed away when I was just 21, a couple of weeks after his 62 birthday from cancer of the liver. This was a man who never smoked, liked the occasional glass of whisky (he was a Scot), and generally led a clean life. So where did the red meat/bacon bit come into his death? And why did he spend his last hours in sheer agony? If all of the money spent on this survey and that study were to be spent on actually finding a cure for this rotten disease, the world might be a better place.

John.

Posted (edited)
8 hours ago, spaddad said:

There appears to be a group of quislings who monitor this thread who can't wait to shop anybody who offends their sensibilities & let the mods know.

I suspect that calling people who disagree with you quislings is probably a good way of getting posts deleted.  If threads get locked the problem is with what's posted and I think the mods do read stuff for themselves without anyone reporting it.

On the subject of red meat, I'm just waiting for research to show that certain plant based foods are cancerous too.  I think it will happen.

Edited by 3DStewart