Need your help - Magnetic on/off switch for Bandai AT-AT build

Hi everyone - I am in the process of building the 144 Scale AT-AT model from Bandai. I have placed a LED inside the walkers head and have wired it all the way into the main body. I was originally planning to use a small physical switch to turn the lights on and off but am having a hard time finding a spot where I can actually place the switch. Now I have seen that some model builders are using magnetic switches that turn LEDs on and off when a magnet is placed in its vicinity. I would like to do this but googling the topic has so far been unsuccessful. Is anybody out there that could help me with this ? There is enough space to place a regular 9V battery - I just need to figure out what kind of switch I should get so that I can swipe a magnet over the body to turn the light on and off.

Pictures of the build will follow soon as well : )

Thanks a lot for any tips !!

Cheers

Marc

There's these

https://zepsus.com/

but they may be a trifle expensive for your project. Personally, I'd be using a small Normally Closed magnetic reed switch (ie closed without a magnet near it) and just tying a magnet near it with an elastic band or similar to turn it off. Or maybe, a micro sized click on-click off pushbutton switch under a foot. There's some tiny ones available, browse around some electronics wholesalers for ideas.

Edit. If you can get a 9v battery in there, there's heaps of room for a micro sized switch.

3 hours ago, Rob G said:

There's these

https://zepsus.com/

but they may be a trifle expensive for your project. Personally, I'd be using a small Normally Closed magnetic reed switch (ie closed without a magnet near it) and just tying a magnet near it with an elastic band or similar to turn it off. Or maybe, a micro sized click on-click off pushbutton switch under a foot. There's some tiny ones available, browse around some electronics wholesalers for ideas.

Edit. If you can get a 9v battery in there, there's heaps of room for a micro sized switch.

Hi Rob - thanks a lot for your answer. I will google for reed switches - thanks for the tip. The problem I have is that indeed there is a lot of space on the inside but almost no area usable area where a hole can be cut from the inside out / or from the outside in - in order to place a small switch without messing up the appearance of the model.