Decal placement instructions - Spitfire mk.1 Airfix A01071A

qn30jEkPz7

For some reason I've got a stash mix up and don't have the decal placement info for the Airfix mk1 - serial A01071A. My instructions seem to be for the same plane but with different call outs and very much simplified. If anyone has the full placement info could you possibly take a picture of it?

Happy to help.

Cracking kit by the way, I built one at the end of last year. An insane amount of stencils though. Check photos and your references because most wartime aircraft didn't carry all of them.

• Like 2

It's really an amazing and priceworthy little kit. I have lost count of how many different variants concerning decals Airfix has made as they made it with the possibility to build an Mk. I, Ia, IIa and an Va. Probably we will se more alternativ markings with this little kit. I have only built three so far...

Cheers / André

Edited by Andre B
  • Like 1

31 minutes ago, Andre B said:

It's really an amazing and priceworthy little kit. I have lost count of how many different variants concerning decals Airfix has made as they made it with the possibility to build an Mk. I, Ia, IIa and an Va. Probably we will se more alternativ markings with this little kit. I have only built three so far...

Cheers / André

I did mine as a Spit IIa using the wonderful (yet very sadly no more) 3-D Kits conversion set. I've got another IIa planned using the remaining bits from the 3-D set.

Airfix really have come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years. I bought their 1/48 Hurricane I last week and it's a wonderful looking kit and beautifully engineered, it looks to be better than the Hasegawa version I build a decade or so back.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Smithy said:

I did mine as a Spit IIa using the wonderful (yet very sadly no more) 3-D Kits conversion set. I've got another IIa planned using the remaining bits from the 3-D set.

Airfix really have come on in leaps and bounds over the last few years. I bought their 1/48 Hurricane I last week and it's a wonderful looking kit and beautifully engineered, it looks to be better than the Hasegawa version I build a decade or so back.

I agree with you. Their P-51D is one of my favorits. I also like the ragwing Hurricane and the Typhoon. I built one of my Airfix Mk. Va with markings for Douglas Bader. Havn't decided yet what markings I would use for my latest build. Picture's att IPMS Stockholm...

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10648&sid=b5304a4fc45d3c226d8bb21778bfd193&start=50

Cheers / André

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Andre B said:

I agree with you. Their P-51D is one of my favorits. I also like the ragwing Hurricane and the Typhoon. I built one of my Airfix Mk. Va with markings for Douglas Bader. Havn't decided yet what markings I would use for my latest build. Picture's att IPMS Stockholm...

https://www.ipmsstockholm.se/phpBB3/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=10648&sid=b5304a4fc45d3c226d8bb21778bfd193&start=50

Cheers / André

I've got their fantastic little 1/72 Tiffie planned as my second to next build after the Airfix old mould 1/48 Hurri. I've had the Hurri in the stash for a few years and despite its old schoolness, the shape accuracy looks to be absolutely bang on. 

• Like 1

This was in a £5 starter set kit from Lidl at Christmas. The kit instructions are for a far more simplified scheme

I’m just painting it and adding decals on the sprue as it is going to be framed to bulk out my stand at a craft fair. Wondering whether to just do another scheme from spares and keep these nice decals for a more deserving project