Dornier 335 "Anteater" 1/48

Still trying to clear the bench but more models keep appearing ……:wacko:

This is the latest … The Tamiya Dornier 335, 2 seater. OOB, but the paint scheme is as it should be not as Tamiya say.

No real problems,; what you do realise is just how big it must have been in real life.  :analintruder:

I did manage to see the Smithsonian one up close and personal some years ago.  What an interesting development it could have been.

On to the pic's. Please feel free to comment etc.

Thanks for looking

Dick

DPP_0001

DPP_0002DPP_0003

DPP_0004

And a single seat one I made earlier.

DPP_0005

• Like 40
  • Thanks 1

• 4 weeks later...

Well I got my anteater the other day and was having a look at it last night. I could resist it.and before I new it I had most of the interior together. This really is an excellent easy kit. What colors did you use? I would like to follow your lead on this one. I take it the bottom is RLM76.

59 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Well I got my anteater the other day and was having a look at it last night. I could resist it.and before I new it I had most of the interior together. This really is an excellent easy kit. What colors did you use? I would like to follow your lead on this one. I take it the bottom is RLM76.

RLM 81/82 and natural metal for the undersides. Tamiya colours are wrong. 

Dick

Thanks Dick. Natural metal might be an issue for me. I will have to think about it carefully. I have the upper colours so that won't be a problem. What metal paint did you use?

I have been using Vallejo and never seem to have success with it. I will enjoy doing the simple splinter pattern on this one it will give me a break from the complex Me 262 schemes.

5 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Thanks Dick. Natural metal might be an issue for me. I will have to think about it carefully. I have the upper colours so that won't be a problem. What metal paint did you use?

I have been using Vallejo and never seem to have success with it. I will enjoy doing the simple splinter pattern on this one it will give me a break from the complex Me 262 schemes.

Hi Greg,

In this case I used Humbrol 27001 flat aluminium with a gloss varnish mist over it for handling purposes. My other port of call is Tamiya flat aluminium. ( I do airbrush)

HTH

Dick 

• Thanks 1