This site uses cookies! Learn More

This site uses cookies!

You can find a list of those cookies here: mysite.com/cookies

By continuing to use this site, you agree to allow us to store cookies on your computer. :)

russ c

Curtiss A-12 Shrike, China, 1937-38

Hi Everyone,

Just finished the third of my haul from Telford last November, so I thought I`d trouble you with some photo`s

Y4onKAo.jpg

Czech Models 1/48 scale Curtiss A-12 Shrike kit

50TkFnN.jpg

Finished to represent an aircraft of No 26 Bomber Squadron, No 9 AG, Chinese Air Force, 1937-38

h7UA9hT.jpg

Which was an option in the kit

CqWyunK.jpg

Built mostly from the box with the exception of the fragile resin frames and flying control actuators which were broken into little bits in the bag and....

wkFDtDA.jpg

replaced with bits of wire, tube and plastic strip.

aoU1DPs.jpg

Took three attempts at the rigging before I got it looking barely acceptable and can`t count the amount of times I broke the undercarriage struts.

X3WYLCI.jpg

Suffice to say I`m glad it`s all over. Hope you enjoy the pic`s.

Thanks for looking,

Cheers Russ

What a great build of an unusual subject.  I have some Czech Models in the stash and quite frankly they scare me but your job here is an inspiration

Russ, very nice indeed! That is something I am hunting for in 1/72! :)

Cheers

J-W

I did the vac form one in 1/72, same number. This one looks a bit easier due to the size. This looks real good. To bad none exist in 1/1.

Yet another beautiful aircraft build Russ. Always impressed by your choice of subjects and the finish you achieve. Awesome modelling! :worthy:

Kind regards,

Stix

You gave this unsightly vehicle a very handsome attire, Russ. Great modelling and excellent photography! I hope you'll continue the ROCAF theme. They used so many aircraft from varied sources.

I've been looking for a reasonably priced A-8 for a while. It looks even more ungainly but I'd love to add it to my golden age collection.

Cheers, Michael

1 hour ago, Toryu said:

You gave this unsightly vehicle a very handsome attire, Russ. Great modelling and excellent photography! I hope you'll continue the ROCAF theme. They used so many aircraft from varied sources.

I've been looking for a reasonably priced A-8 for a while. It looks even more ungainly but I'd love to add it to my golden age collection.

Cheers, Michael

Thanks Michael, Yeah I`ve always prefered the A-8 but haven`t found one yet. BTW I`ve done a few ROCAF marked aircraft, just follow the tab to find them if you`re interested.

Cheers Russ 

It certainly seems like a fraught build but the end result is well worth it.

Pete

Edited by Buzby061

I only have the Rare Planes vac form A-8. Seen 1/48 kits but they aren't cheap, only one maker that I know of, may have no choice but to buy it.

Wow Russ!!!!!!!  The kit and the photography are very impressive!!!!!  I really like the unique subject too!!!!!

Congratulations!!!!!! :clap: