Airfix 1/72 Spitfire Mk.I

Here's another completion to celebrate getting my access back through my AT&T device. It's the the old tool Airfix Spitfire Mk.I finished as an aircraft from 66 Sqn at RAF Upwood in 1939. The two blade prop was snagged from the new Mk.I kit as it was going spare anyway. The decals are from a Kits at War sheet. I think the aircraft should have the early unarmoured windscreen, but I can live with the discrepancy. 

This is one of the few models I've ever painted twice; the first time I painted it, the clear gloss coat crazed all over the bottom of the model. So I stripped it down and started over.

IMG_20190411_2007210

IMG_20190411_2008196

IMG_20190411_2007338

IMG_20190411_2007488

IMG_20190411_2007435

IMG_20190411_2008434

• Like 23

3 minutes ago, DennisTheBear said:

Doesn't look half bad. I have one of the old tool somewhere in the stash and would be pleased if it turned out like that.

DennisTheBear

Thanks! It's a simple kit, but Airfix got the shapes basically right, I think. Some of their more recent efforts at Spitfire kits have not been nearly as good.

Edited by VMA131Marine

A great looking Spit.  The old tooling scrubs up pretty well to my mind.  I do like these early schemes.  The pilot needs to shake a leg though, what with that ankylosaurus creeping up on him.

• Thanks 1