1/72 Italeri Convair B-58A Hustler

18 hours ago, Witman61 said:

Thank you for your comments.  I'll follow your WIP with great interest, as I have been thinking of building another B-58 model - this time with Stanley ejection capsules and surfaces in worn colors.  To supplement the model I have recently got hold of two sets of Eduard nukes - when made they will be placed on the base beside the model. I am working on this now. Caracal decals are the must as they are of much better register than the original decals supplied with the kit, which are actually also not too bad and I have used some of them.

btw - there is absolutely no problem with placing the Aires resin exhaust in the engine pods - just remove enough plactic from the inside of the pods carefully thinning the walls to ensure axial alignment of the parts, please see the pictures below.

Aires-exhaust-2.jpg

Aires-exhaust-1.jpg

Ejection-capsules.jpg

Your escape capsules look amazing. I'm just about to start working on mine and yours are something to aspire to! Likewise your landing gear detailing.

I also have plans for a couple more Hustlers -- the 1/48 one and maybe some day I'll try correcting the dimension issue with the Italeri kit. 

BTW I see Hannants is now taking pre-orders for some new Eduards 1/72 B-58 sets. 

-Bill

Oh my goodness!!!!!!  This is truly one impressive model.  The Hustler is impressive enough but to turn this archaic molded kit into a museum piece is beyond imagination.  You have mine and everyone`s deepest admiration for this incredible work of art. 

:worthy:

• Like 1

wow, the Metal finish is stunning! It is so realistic looking... fantastic job! I especially like the shading on the engine pods  and the streaking on the body near the tail fin that makes it look like water had run down and stained the metal!

• Like 1

Thanks for your interest, great "likes" and comments everybody. It's greatly appreciated.

Below are a few more pictures of my shelf queen taken a few days ago.

I must say it is very difficult to make good pictures of NMF model plane – I can present you less than 5% of the pictures I have taken. Hope you’ll like them.

B58-gal-200419-1.jpg

B58-gal-200419-2.jpg

B58-gal-200419-3.jpg

B58-gal-200419-4.jpg

• Like 1

Hello Witman,

Superb finish and excellent presentation.

My highest regards for this project. Orion/The Netherlands. 

• Like 1

• 11 months later...