1/72 Italeri Convair B-58A Hustler

Very impressive work 👍

I've got the Monogram 1/72nd scale B-58, well it's actually 1/48th scale but Monogram made and error on the box and one end it says 1/72 🙄 I'll probably never build it, but 1/72nd scale would fit me better now.

• Like 1

Most excellent! I’m in process of building this kit now, using much the same aftermarket as you. I am sure to have questions for you, like How did you mount the Aires exhausts in the engine pods?

My WIP can be found here:

-Bill

• Like 1

14 hours ago, billn53 said:

Most excellent! I’m in process of building this kit now, using much the same aftermarket as you. I am sure to have questions for you, like How did you mount the Aires exhausts in the engine pods?

My WIP can be found here:

-Bill

Thank you for your comments.  I'll follow your WIP with great interest, as I have been thinking of building another B-58 model - this time with Stanley ejection capsules and surfaces in worn colors.  To supplement the model I have recently got hold of two sets of Eduard nukes - when made they will be placed on the base beside the model. I am working on this now. Caracal decals are the must as they are of much better register than the original decals supplied with the kit, which are actually also not too bad and I have used some of them.

btw - there is absolutely no problem with placing the Aires resin exhaust in the engine pods - just remove enough plactic from the inside of the pods carefully thinning the walls to ensure axial alignment of the parts, please see the pictures below.

Aires-exhaust-2.jpg

Aires-exhaust-1.jpg

Ejection-capsules.jpg

• Like 3