1/32 Sea Fury instructions

Simon Cornes

Almost succeeded but not quite! Can anyone help? Also, this is a T.20 so only two guns. Does anyone know if it retained the twin bulges on the wing access panels? I haven't found a photo yet!

2 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

Almost succeeded but not quite! Can anyone help? Also, this is a T.20 so only two guns. Does anyone know if it retained the twin bulges on the wing access panels? I haven't found a photo yet!

The walkaround section has them;

Sea%2520Fury%25208.JPG&key=7fa25124cd6c1

Thanks Julien. I've had a look and at my copy of From the Cockpit No 12 and there is a photo on the back cover of the book which shows the T.20 prototype, VX818, and I can now se two bulges in each wing but only a gun port in front of the outside bay. You have ti be very careful with these photos though because the T.20 was supposed to have no hook and a fixed tailwheel yet WG655 has tailwheel doors and the tailwheel retracts? So explain that? !! Thank you anyway. I am also weighing up the colour of the main gear bay - silver? I think I'll go for that but then again, when it comes to flaps and the interior of the wing fold - as a restored example - Duxford's seems to a chromate shade. I would have expected everything to be airframe silver?

The shade of yellow is not zinc chromate but apparently a shade Hawkers used? Im sure there aer people on here who know more about it than I do.

Julien

8 hours ago, Simon Cornes said:

. I am also weighing up the colour of the main gear bay - silver? I think I'll go for that but then again, when it comes to flaps and the interior of the wing fold - as a restored example - Duxford's seems to a chromate shade. I would have expected everything to be airframe silver?

1 hour ago, Julien said:

The shade of yellow is not zinc chromate but apparently a shade Hawkers used? Im sure there aer people on here who know more about it than I do.

Julien

Correct,  note as green as zinc chromate is thought of,  more a kinda mustardy colour when aged.  apparently a brighter yellow when new.

@NAVY870  has one to play with.   

On 09/02/2018 at 01:30, NAVY870 said:

Humbrol 74 is pretty close to Hawker yellow.

I did discuss with Airfix and supply them with references.

Jonners

Our aircraft has had the main gear legs changed out at some stage, possibly when it was with the CSIRO.

The legs should be sky, whats on ours looks like some type of primer.

More on colour info of page 4 of linked thread.   

• Like 1