Leopard 2a7

Soeren

Hey there, recently I found a source for an unbuild Tamiya Leopard 2a6 full options  kit. As this is just a kit, although not as prevalent as the 1/35 scale version, I looked for some mods. There is a conversion kit available to make a 2a7. As a reference build I also ordered the Meng 2a7 that should arrive soon.

That is what I got until now. 

ced4bc2ed70b120d59fae6539db0539a.jpg

9cefd37edd86faf0fddf0ec4b262f963.jpg

And the picture of the conversion kit from the HPK-Modellbau website. 

2520.jpg

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 7

Got the mod kit for the A7 version today. It contains several styrene sheets. The preassembled mine protection. A set of styrene rods and a 147 page PDF manual. Highly detailed pictures and some drawings. Looks straightforward. It also asks for around 150 hex screws of different sizes. Knupfer was able to send it before their easter holidays.
The hpk conversion kit looks very well made and has some delicate parts. We will see how it turns out.

d99f0b5d618d8aa21d8ea46498aced19.jpg

be9c74841989f31a7ed4ce04b117dda1.jpg

89e9cbdc714ea639db23ad5166888ffc.jpg

• Like 5

Cheers Rob. This kind of kit is really something new to me. Will see what I can make of it. Today I received the Men kit. According to Leopardclub the best A7 available. The box was squashed a bit. But there wad no damage visible inside. It took about 4 weeks from China. 

d0efa9cbadd44f2f350a0cb66730dea6.jpg

• Like 3

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Started the work the and got some detail add ons. Although these are only I  part worth it. And to be honest those detail upgrades for 1/16th scale models are exceptionally expensive. A pity.

It ito us also interesting to observe that the TamIya hull has so much less detail when compared with the Meng kit.

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by Soeren
  • Like 5

• 1 month later...

Hello dear people,

I hope you are fine during this time. figured I would mostly build atm and go to painting in the near future eventually. Did the Meng kit almost to the stage where the skirts need fitting. You cant do these without painting the lower part of the tank. So this is where we are.

The tank is big and I am still working on its even bigger 1/16th scale brother. The tracks on the Meng are fantastic, I did the Meng Leopard tracks for a Revell Leo 1, those were really annoying to build with 5 parts per link. Those now wiht only 3 went together effortlessly. Gonna try painting on them soon. The Tamiya tracks are all finished out of the box, BUT THEY DONT TAKE PAINT... WHAAAAAAAT?! 😬

Still I couldnt resist doing something else, that is even more straightforward, as the 2A7 upgrade kit for the Leo is semi scratch in some areas.

You can see what is up next.

spacer.png

• Like 3