I'd go (and did) for Bobcat for being the more innovative and interesting company! 

HB has some real problem kits, their Yak-28 does not seem to be one of them though!

Can only comment on the Bobcat kit ( and not on it's accuracy - check Rumourmonger forum for lots of discussion on that- overall view of the Bobcat kit was positive).  Its well moulded, beautiful in the box, and overall the parts fitted very well. It's quite fiddly, with several parts to make up an element that maybe someone like Tamiya would have made in one part, but it does allow for great detail. I would recommend test fitting and the use of plastic card tabs in a few places to ensure a putty free build. I only used a few smears of Milliput on mine. The instructions are also pictorial but quite confusing. I made a few mistakes I had to correct as a result. The cockpit is nice but the seats are a little bare. I don't think there are any aftermarket ones yet but I think I managed to dress mine up with lead foil, wire and odd pieces of etch using on line images as a reference. Overall it was a lovely build, and on that experience I bought the second release with the glazed nose. Just be aware, its longer than you might think so you have to watch catching the nose or tail when working on model. Here is my completed build.

http://www.ipmsavon.org.uk/photo-page.php?page_id=96#Class 2 - Aircraft e.g. 1/48-1

• Like 1