+++ 90s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB, at 30 names now

Col.

10 hours ago, Panther II said:

Sorry, nothing but WWII and some Poor aircraft. :mg: Shoot away with ideas though, I could use some.

Ooooh now here's an invitation gang! :D You thinking east or west? Plenty mix of the old and new going about on either side during the era. For the east we have the MiG-21 still around in various versions as well as the -23/27 series and the new -29 while Sukhoi had the -27 arriving on scene to keep the various -17 series machines and the -25 company. Helicopters were a good mix as well; Mi-24/25, -8/17/18 perhaps? Heading west, as Cindy Lauper once sang, and we've got the ubiquitous F-4 Phantom as well as the F-5 still in service along side the various 'Teen' fighters of F-14/15/16/18 while some of the Century Series are still around by way of the F-104/106/111 and not forgetting the -117. Here in the UK we've got a variety of the old and new as well in the air.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, helios16v said:

Don't forget various naval equipment (ships & aircraft) deployed in the Med.  :wicked:

3 hours ago, Enzo Matrix said:

Challenger 2 tanks were introduced in 1998. 

Thanks lads. Knew you'd be along to help me out :D 

On 6/27/2019 at 8:04 PM, Panther II said:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D Well, keep the ideas coming!!!

I've thrown out a list of potential aircraft subjects but do you want us to continue on that theme or expand on the AFV or ship subjects? Or perhaps a figure? Not had one of those in the GB series yet :hmmm:

I’m going to build a Mercedes 1628 artic head unit. I was based in Holland 1997-2000 on a NATO unit driving these. In fact I passed my artic test on them. They were part on a NATO deployable HQ.  Everything looks cool in a camo wrap, & a Mercedes tractor unit in NATO camo rocks. 

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Panther II said:

Hi, maybe an AFV of aircraft. not sure which. Could you add my name to the list?

Either or both is good :thumbsup:

• 1 month later...

at the moment there's a very good chance that all 8 GB's that have the numbers are going to go through to next years build. I'm currently looking at 6 build, 2 of which will be 1/32nd monsters!!!! (Tornado and Skyraider!!!) Better hope the spacing between these build is substantial! 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

at the moment there's a very good chance that all 8 GB's that have the numbers are going to go through to next years build. I'm currently looking at 6 build, 2 of which will be 1/32nd monsters!!!! (Tornado and Skyraider!!!) Better hope the spacing between these build is substantial! 

I'm sure Enzo the Great will do his best to sort us out with a well-spaced calendar :)  At least I hope he does so we can watch you tackle those two cool projects :D 

• 4 months later...
On 4/18/2019 at 5:57 AM, trickyrich said:

How about  NATO vs Putin GB??

For this GB "NATO vs Putin GB" not the best name,

best name "Bees vs honey GB", this is more true, yeppp.

On 4/18/2019 at 8:22 AM, exdraken said:

That would be a "current" GB then,  no?

2010-2019....

Hopefully this vs. Putin ends soon... :(

Not too useful having another Cold War... (better than a hot one obviously.....) 

Dear exdraken,

I'm just wondering how you think how this conflict should end?

On 4/20/2019 at 10:53 AM, Col. said:

Hmm, I doubt we'll ever seen a true end to the West/East posturing, it has too great a political value for both sides :( 

What do You mean by the East and what do You mean by the West?

B.R.

Serge

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, wimbledon99 said:

Just looking at my build options for 2020. Did this not make the list (or am I missing something)?!?! 😱

No it didn't make it, You can build your build here. 

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/forum/677-they-also-serve-2020/

The build covers all these as a way to promote them for next November. 

Small Wars II

North American Aviation

Anything But Injection

Yanks Abroad

90`s NATO

British AFV:s

Stranger In Town

Edited by Corsairfoxfouruncle
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 4/17/2019 at 11:53 PM, theplasticsurgeon said:

I've taken part in each of these NATO v Warsaw Pact Europe GBs - and as usual I'm struggling to find something.

This time I've got a Revell Tornado GR1, with decals for 1998 - I'm in.

Also a Sword Harrier T4/N (1992),

Possibly others will be added nearer the time.

Nothing has changed as of Jan 2020, so continue to count on my support.

• Thanks 1

15 minutes ago, theplasticsurgeon said:

Nothing has changed as of Jan 2020, so continue to count on my support.

I'd be delighted to see your Tornado or Harrier in the They Also Served year-long event :) 

• Thanks 1

I think our 'NATO v Warsaw Pact Europe GB' get's automatic entry into 2021 under the original title.

Don't forget you can build your Tornado in the Tornado STGB in September 2020

Colin

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

I have a pair of Italeri (ex-Bilek) Su-17/Su-22 "Fitters" in the stash, single- and two-seat. Both have markings for early 1990s ex-Warsaw Pact air forces (single-seat: Russian & Polish, two-seat: Russia and Hungary). Are these eligible? I'm sure I have plenty more kits that would also be eligible, but I'm looking for a good reason to build these in the near(-ish) future.

• Like 1

14 hours ago, At Sea said:

Very sorely tempted to build a Luftwaffe Mig 29 to bridge the divide.

Either that or another RAFG Phantom! 

Both of those would make for cool subjects :thumbsup:

23 minutes ago, klr said:

I have a pair of Italeri (ex-Bilek) Su-17/Su-22 "Fitters" in the stash, single- and two-seat. Both have markings for early 1990s ex-Warsaw Pact air forces (single-seat: Russian & Polish, two-seat: Russia and Hungary). Are these eligible? I'm sure I have plenty more kits that would also be eligible, but I'm looking for a good reason to build these in the near(-ish) future.

Those certainly would be eligible for this :D 

• Like 1