+++ 90s NATO Vs Warsaw Pact in Europe GB, at 30 names now

Col.

Where do Albania sit in all of this?  I've just seen that Xtradecal are bringing out a MiG-17/Shengyang F-5 decal sheet with some markings for an Albanian jet from 1991 and then there's that Airfix kit...   ...just wondering that's all :whistle:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, stevej60 said:

Count me in please.

Delighted to Steve :thumbsup:

10 minutes ago, Wez said:

Where do Albania sit in all of this?  I've just seen that Xtradecal are bringing out a MiG-17/Shengyang F-5 decal sheet with some markings for an Albanian jet from 1991 and then there's that Airfix kit...   ...just wondering that's all :whistle:

Albania is eligible. As are other neutral nations within the area :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, helios16v said:

All the cool kids are doing it.  :wicked:

As @Hockeyboy76says, "Everything looks cooler in camo wrap", and there's plenty opportunities for it in this GB :D 

• Haha 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

Sign me up Col.

My record is abysmal in the NATO vs WP GB, I think I've signed up for all of them so far and produced zilch, but this time...

With pleasure Cookie :D One more chance for you - anything in mind?

ok I guess you'd better add me to this one....only because I have this desire to build either a Luftwaffe F-4F/RF-4E or have ago with Revell's "Unbuildable" (1/48th) Tornado again in Luftwaffe scheme.

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, trickyrich said:

ok I guess you'd better add me to this one....only because I have this desire to build either a Luftwaffe F-4F/RF-4E or have ago with Revell's "Unbuildable" (1/48th) Tornado again in Luftwaffe scheme.

Excellent! Thank you Rich. In fact I thought you'd already signed up ages ago but checked the list and realised you hadn't. Some Luftwaffe machinery will be a cool choice and was thinking of a MiG-29 in passing only yesterday.

7 hours ago, Cookenbacher said:

A Ghost Grey and Mod Eagle double Bitburg F-15 build is tempting since both schemes were around in the 90's. There's also Jaguars, ooh Jaguars.

Ooh nice! A double Eagle build would make for an interesting thread and also help make up for your participation tally being low so far :lol:  I dare say @Enzo Matrixwill have you doing at least one Jag as well if he gets half a chance :D 

Speaking of the esteemed @Enzo Matrix, we better let him know there's now 30 of us, be 31 when he finally gets around to adding his name on the list (hint, hint :whistle: )

• Like 2

just poke Enzo.....you know he likes it! :P

I've been looking at the GB lists so far and at the rate the GBs are going this will be a shoe-in for next year, there are currently only 5 other GB's with the required numbers. 

It's actually quite disappointing!! There use to be a real bun fight for places with a large number of GB's vying for those converted places, I even had the old chart up and running (16 GBs for 2018 vote, 25 GB's for 2017 vote. But last year and now by the looks of it this year we'll be lucky to even get a vote! I sort of wonder if people are becoming a bit bored with GB's as they do seem to be of late a re-hash of previous ones? There are the odd exceptions but every year we always have a couple of big ones, but.........

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's an interesting point you make @trickyrichThere does seem to be less enthusiasm for GB propsals lately and a number of suggestions hardly get much attention at all. Not sure if that has come as a reaction to the over-popularity of GBs and so many not getting through the vote in previous years :hmmm:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Col. said:

There does seem to be less enthusiasm for GB propsals lately and a number of suggestions hardly get much attention at all. Not sure if that has come as a reaction to the over-popularity of GBs and so many not getting through the vote in previous years :hmmm:

I had never done a group build before in my life before the M3/M4 Sherman/Lee build last year. I only joined in that because i wanted the experience for running a group build. I honestly think there is a negative connotation to the name. Until i participated in one i had thought, incorrectly mind you it was all competition. I have found out it is a great place for friendship and camaraderie to form, not to mention all the support and fun. The idea that it isn't a competition or exclusive isn't helped by other forums, that are very exclusive and rude to new people. I don't think we have enough word of mouth/advertising. Or do enough advertising up in the various topic areas to encourage newer members and those unfamiliar to the group build idea to explore down here. I seem to notice the majority of people in the builds. Often tend to be a-lot of the same people. Its not very often i see newer people/members join in the fun. Sorry preachy rant over, our regularly scheduled programming will resume in a moment. Please ignore the clown making weird noises and ranting. 

Dennis 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Panther II said:

When does this group build start?

Might be interested in joining...

It'll be up for vote this fall.  If it makes it through (highly likely) then the dates will be worked out w/ the other 2020 group builds and announced.  

So in short, dates aren't confirmed yet, though it will be no earlier than January.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On ‎4‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 3:11 PM, Jabba said:

The DDR ceased to be on 3 Oct 1990. Yes a very interesting period of time. I arrived at Gutersloh at the end of Oct 1989 hoping to see the Berlin wall, the inter border and all that jazz. But the Berlin wall came down at the beginning of that Nov and sometime in the new year we were allowed to go across the inter boarder as long as we told the guardroom that we were doing so. Come 3 Oct 1990 we were allowed to roam where we wanted to as it was now one country so a few of us went to Colditz for the day, originally only going to Magdeburg. We could see Soviet soldiers just walking around the streets of some of the bigger towns that we passed through just wondering what to do.

Aaargh yes, the Fall of the Berlin World, November 89, a history making moment, something to tell the kids about etc etc etc and I was on Gateguard at Wildenrath...each car.....look in the bonnet, boot, four wheel arches, four sides, the drivers area...…..I think the moment passed me by !

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, helios16v said:

It'll be up for vote this fall.  If it makes it through (highly likely) then the dates will be worked out w/ the other 2020 group builds and announced.  

So in short, dates aren't confirmed yet, though it will be no earlier than January.

Thanks, just have to find a kit if it goes through..........

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

I don't think we have enough word of mouth/advertising. Or do enough advertising up in the various topic areas to encourage newer members and those unfamiliar to the group build idea to explore down here. I seem to notice the majority of people in the builds. Often tend to be a-lot of the same people. Its not very often i see newer people/members join in the fun.

I've got the opposite problem.....I rarely get out of here.  :shutup:

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

17 hours ago, helios16v said:

I've got the opposite problem.....I rarely get out of here.  :shutup:

you and me both!!! I have so many other projects I say I will do inbetween GB's.....problem is there really never is an inbetween time!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 6/24/2019 at 6:40 PM, Enzo Matrix said:

This one is now in the bunfight.

Enzo the Great has spoken and thus so it will be :worthy:

On 6/24/2019 at 6:15 PM, Panther II said:

Thanks, just have to find a kit if it goes through..........

Nothing suitable in the stash? I'm sure we can supply plenty ideas and temptations... :wicked:

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Col. said:

Enzo the Great has spoken and thus so it will be :worthy:

Nothing suitable in the stash? I'm sure we can supply plenty ideas and temptations... :wicked:

Sorry, nothing but WWII and some Poor aircraft. :mg: Shoot away with ideas though, I could use some.

Edited by Panther II