High Planes 1/72 DH Vampire T11/T33/T55 Early Conversion kit

Dave Fleming

Thought this deserved it’s own thread. This arrived today, designed for the Airfix kit. Early tail booms, fixed seats, brass pitot and x2 vac early canopies plus decals. Mine came from Freightdog, who do it either on it’s own or with the Airfix kit.

DE31828A-091D-4943-B212-2FE3C21A1315

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Just looking at the kit, you might even be able to squeeze three models from it if you don't want to do one with early tailplanes and canopy - the set has a RAN aircraft with early booms and later canopy, so you could do that and two of the ones with early canopies but later booms.

Dave, I think I know the answer but want to check.  The early canopy and fins look like the NF10 but the canopy is actually wider for the side-by-side seating of the trainer and therefore only correct for the T11 and export variants?

David

15 minutes ago, David Womby said:

Dave, I think I know the answer but want to check.  The early canopy and fins look like the NF10 but the canopy is actually wider for the side-by-side seating of the trainer and therefore only correct for the T11 and export variants?

David

That's my understanding, and the nacelle is a different shape as well. I'm not sure by quite how much it differs (in 1/72 at least it may be very small) but the T11 has a much more pronounced 'bulge' beneath the canopy side.

I am going to email them suggesting an NF10 though! (Still to investigate the Frog Sea Venom nacelle option!)

Edited by Dave Fleming

Just ordered two from Colin @Freightdog  he only has a few left  so if you want one do not delay. Excellent customer service.