Converting 1/72 Sea King AEW.2 or HAR.3 to HAS.2

RobL

Hi there

I am wanting to build a Sea King HAS.2 in 1/72.

CyberHobby/Dragon make a 1/72 AEW.2 kit, and it's my understanding from reading Wikipedia that the AEW.2 was an upgrade/mod of the HAS.1/HAS.2 so I'm wondering what modifications would be needed to produce a HAS.2 from that kit, obviously the inflatable radome would need to be omitted, but what else would need to be done?

Alternatively, because I've read the CyberHobby/Dragon kit may not be all that great (which doesn't bode well as I have the SH-3G version!), what would I need to do to an Airfix 1/72 HAR.3 (the 2016/2018 new tool version) to make it resemble a HAS.2?

Or my 3rd option, I believe, would be to use the Revell Mk 41 kit, wouldn't it?  I recall a thread on this forum about the changes needed to make various RN/RAF Sea King from the Revell kit, because I used the info in it to make a 22sqn Sea King HAR.3, but I can't find that thread?!

Thanks in advance for any help on this.

Edited by RobL

Thanks Andy.

I came across that thread after posting this one, along with some other threads with your advice within.  I also have been looking at your HAS.1 build.  Very nice, and I have taken notes.  👍

I have a Fujimi SH-3H that I made a mess of, so I will use that as a donor for the sonar well on the underside (at least I think it has the sonar well).  The other changes all seem quite straight forward and I think I will be best going with the Revell kit, I like the riveted look of it and it was the kit I built my HAR.3 from.

Edited by RobL