Boeing 737 Thai - 1:144 Siam Scale Decals

Boeing 737-400 Thai. 1:144.

Siam Scale Decals.

thai1.jpg

This is the Daco/Skyline Boeing 737-400 in the previous livery of Thai Airways, which I think is one of the best ever. It looks lovely on all aircraft it has ever been applied to, it is a shame they replaced with a new livery. My Thai friends very kindly obtained the decals for me from Siam Scale, and I collected them on my last visit to Thailand. They look to be screen printed on moderate thickness carrier film, (rather like those in many Tamiya kits). The colours are spot on, and they go on to the model with no trouble at all. I was quite impressed with them. The only thing I did was to also apply the standard window decals from the Daco kit as they have the fine silver surround that the Siam Scale ones lacked.

I hope you like it, this is the only 1:144 Thai 737 model I've seen, so it is something of a rare bird.

thai3.jpg

thai2.jpg

thai4.jpg

thai5.jpg

th4.jpg

As usual I cut away the solid cockpit section and replaced it with the clear part.

737-2.jpg

This obliges me to scratch build a cockpit to fill the interior. My 3 Thai friends are crewing this flight, complete with the captain wearing the red LFC cap!

737-4.jpg

The model awaiting the application of the decals:

thai9.jpg

Thanks for looking,

John

• Like 26

19 minutes ago, Turbofan said:

Hi John,

Just gorgeous! As sharp and crisp as ever, I have to agree with you on the Thai livery those decals look really good.

Love the flight crew but what's an LFC cap?

Cheers,

Ian

It's Liverpool Football Club Ian.   Wouldn't expect you to know that coming from Manchester.  :tease:

Another cracking result John.  My favourite livery as you know.  Looks even better on an MD.11  :wicked:

Chris.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, stringbag said:

It's Liverpool Football Club Ian.   Wouldn't expect you to know that coming from Manchester.  :tease:

Chris.

Oh dear! There was me thinking it was a new sort of hat, I've heard of baseball caps and flat caps but not LFC caps.:blink: 

If it was a model of an easyjet A320 at Liverpool Airport I'd understand but why would a Thai crew wear a Liverpool cap?

I think it's time I went to bed!

Cheers,

Ian

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Thanks for the comments chaps., much appreciated as always.

On 15/04/2019 at 23:22, Turbofan said:

Oh dear! There was me thinking it was a new sort of hat, I've heard of baseball caps and flat caps but not LFC caps.:blink: 

If it was a model of an easyjet A320 at Liverpool Airport I'd understand but why would a Thai crew wear a Liverpool cap?

I think it's time I went to bed!

Cheers,

Ian

I should have been clearer Ian! My Thai friends are are absolutely football crazy, especially for Liverpool FC.

They know more about Liverpool than I do, and always want calendars, scarves, baseball caps etc, anything with LFC on it!, (None of them have anything to do with airlines, that was just me having a bit of fun and placing them in the 737).

Cheers

John