1/72 Canberra decals

riffraff

Quite a few Canberra’s of various marks have worn raspberry ripple colours but the only “difficult” items of the colour schemes are the A&AEE and RAE titling and their respective badges.  I can’t think of any 1/72th Canberra sheets unless they were on some of the long out-of-print Model Alliance/Aviation Workshop sheets.

Just to add to the above, there are two sets of 'Royal Aircraft Establishment' titles on that sheet.

There are other RAE sets about, and you might be able to use the titles from those, but you will need to check references for sizes etc.

There was a nice AirDecal 1:48 Raspberry Ripple Canberra set, I don't think there was ever a 172 version though.

Heritage Aviation did a sheet for an RAE T.4 in 1/72

92284_2.jpg

Aviation Megastore in Holland still show this as in stock! https://www.aviationmegastore.com/ee-canberra-t4-rae-hadc7206-heritage-aviation-hadc7206-aircraft-scale-modelling-decals/product/?action=prodinfo&art=68025

Julien

There is surely an opening for someone to do a sheet of "specials" - titling and badges for the RAE, the A&AEE, the School of Aviation Medicine, etc., etc. - in 1:72 AND 1:48, please!

2 hours ago, Julien said:

Heritage Aviation did a sheet for an RAE T.4 in 1/72

92284_2.jpg

Aviation Megastore in Holland still show this as in stock! https://www.aviationmegastore.com/ee-canberra-t4-rae-hadc7206-heritage-aviation-hadc7206-aircraft-scale-modelling-decals/product/?action=prodinfo&art=68025

Julien

But to send one to Australia will cost almost 39 Euros - no thanks!

• Sad 1

28 minutes ago, Admiral Puff said:

But to send one to Australia will cost almost 39 Euros - no thanks!

Did you use the ship via mail services option?

If you use that shipping to Aus is only 4.29 and you dont pay NL Tax so the total is Euro 14.17.

The 39 Euro is for tracked UPS Shipping (their default option)

Julien

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Admiral Puff said:

but to send one to Australia will cost almost 39 Euros - no thanks!

4 hours ago, Julien said:

Did you use the ship via mail services option?

If you use that shipping to Aus is only 4.29 and you dont pay NL Tax so the total is Euro 14.17.

The 39 Euro is for tracked UPS Shipping (their default option)

Julien

@Admiral PuffWhat Julien said, I've bought quite a few decals from AMS & their shipping on flat stuff that can go by ordinary Airmail is quite reasonable. For the reason you've identified, I don't shop there for kits.

Steve.

Edited by stevehnz

I have to admit that I didn't see the postage alternative - will try again. I can only plead that at the moment I'm trying to fend off an attack of the lurgi, so I'm probably not giving as much attention to the rest of life as I should. I seem to be getting on top of it, so hopefully I'll be back to normal (whatever that may mean ...) tomorrow.