1/48 Airfix Bristol Blenheim Mk. I night fighter

GliderGuider

22 hours ago, Silver Fox said:

Great work Matt, it is a lovely kit  but it can rear up and bite you.

Thanks, and I totally agree. Yes, with much of it I've been making rapid progress with everything going together brilliantly, only to find there are certain times when I have to stop and really take care to get right.

The one area to be careful of is the cockpit glass. I understand it can be quite tricky. My Me 262 production line has stalled for the a few days because I had to move all my gear back to the farm on Saturday. Spent all yesterday sitting around wonder what to do. Anyway I have to move myself back today and can get back to normal. So keep up the good work. You might get in a few fights before my Swallows catch up to you...😀

Hi all,

Progress has been slow this week. Working a full week after so many public holidays was a bit of a shock to the system! But I have now moved on to the engines. These are dead easy to assemble ... as long as you sand the completed engine down a little and do some test fitting before attempting to fit the three cowling parts. This was really easy and quick but if if I hadn't there would have been a nasty gap in the cowlings to deal with. 

@Greg Law, thanks ... I knew when starting this kit that the cockpit glass would be the main thing to watch out for.  I was very careful when assembling the fuselage not to "pinch" the fuselage sides in at the front, which would have caused real problems assembling the canopy. 

That's all for now, hopefully I'll get some more done over the weekend!

Matt

spacer.png

• Like 8

Nice work Matt. The cockpit looks great and all that canopy area will leave it in full view so work worth doing. The engine units are coming on well too :thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

Hi all,

Sorry about the lack of updates and replies- I've been away the past week and a bit.  I did make some good progress before going, she's all painted now. I'm just about ready for the daunting task of fitting the canopy. I'll post some pics shortly when I have a chance....

On 5/15/2019 at 4:33 PM, Christer A said:

Those engines look great!

Is it all plastic?

On 5/11/2019 at 3:41 PM, Col. said:

Nice work Matt. The cockpit looks great and all that canopy area will leave it in full view so work worth doing. The engine units are coming on well too

Thanks Christer and Col! Yes, the engines are completely Airfix plastic. No resin or PE. And yes, they really are lovely (provided you sand them down before trying to fit the cowlings!). 

All the best,

Matt

• Like 2

I am just about to come to tha part in my build, which parts have you sanded down, around the circumference of the engine/ clinder head area?

Edited by Oshm12

• 2 weeks later...

someone's feeling a bit confident!!! There's a Skyknight waiting to put you in your place!! :D

But as you say hopefully we'll see more of this wonderful build before too long.

• Haha 1