Eduard Fokker DVII...1/72nd scale...!!!!!

John Masters

It’s also the PE in the profipack editions- I’m a sucker for those Spandau guns. A while ago I bought the OAW overtrees + the PE guns, which saved me the grand sum of maybe 2 euros.

You need to buy a lot from Eduard in order to save anything. The two smallest package sizes come with very hefty prices indeed but it gets reasonable once you order more things. The best would be to find someone to share package costs, but I think I’m their only customer within a 500 km radius :D 

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

you’d still need lozenge decals

I have sets from Aviatik for OAW, Albatros and Fokker.  I'm not concerned.

2 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

you’d still need lozenge decals

I have sets from Aviatik for OAW, Albatros and Fokker.  I'm not concerned.

6 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

It’s also the PE in the profipack editions- I’m a sucker for those Spandau guns. A while ago I bought the OAW overtrees + the PE guns, which saved me the grand sum of maybe 2 euros.

You need to buy a lot from Eduard in order to save anything. The two smallest package sizes come with very hefty prices indeed but it gets reasonable once you order more things. The best would be to find someone to share package costs, but I think I’m their only customer within a 500 km radius :D 

It is a small price to pay for living in beautiful Norway 😏

On 3/31/2020 at 1:29 AM, Torbjorn said:

A Royal class 1/72 Fokker D.VII is in the 2020 Eduard catalogue. Of course, no guarantee that we will see it, but it can’t have been totally abandoned yet.

I tried to find the 2020 catalogue earlier today on the Eduard web site.  No such creature exists.  I typed it into their search engine for the site and it gave me the 2014 catalogue!  None of the other previous Royal Class 72nd kits, e.g. MiG-15 or Spitfire Mk IX are shown as available although they are still available through some of the on-line hobby shops.

Later,

Dave

10 hours ago, e8n2 said:

I tried to find the 2020 catalogue earlier today on the Eduard web site.  No such creature exists.  I typed it into their search engine for the site and it gave me the 2014 catalogue!  None of the other previous Royal Class 72nd kits, e.g. MiG-15 or Spitfire Mk IX are shown as available although they are still available through some of the on-line hobby shops.

Later,

Dave

I got a printed copy with an order I made last month. The Greay War page for 1/72 is not awfully exciting, but I can take a picture and show.

If Eduard products no longer available at Eduard (”Discontinued”) but they are in other shops, it probably means that production has stopped but those other shops still have old stock they haven’t sold yet.

Edited by Torbjorn

21 hours ago, Torbjorn said:

I got a printed copy with an order I made last month. The Greay War page for 1/72 is not awfully exciting, but I can take a picture and show.

If Eduard products no longer available at Eduard (”Discontinued”) but they are in other shops, it probably means that production has stopped but those other shops still have old stock they haven’t sold yet.

Thanks for the offer, but I'll just wait and see.  As it is right now, including the two extra Mags, I have at least seven Fokker D.VIIs, all waiting to be built.  Two ESCI, one Roden, and the four Eduards.  One of them will be Berthold's aircraft and maybe one other from Jasta 15 as they were after the big switch between Jastas 15 and 18.  I really like the red nose and blue fuselage scheme!

Later,

Dave

• Like 1

• 7 months later...