High Planes RAAF GAF Beaufort

Hello,

I finished this early this morning, just added two small aerials to the nose and that was it. This is the High Planes kit, bought decades ago and restarted in 2016. I added two Airfix DC3 engines as replacements for the basic kit engines, scratch built the three aerials and mast, the set of photo-etched fuselage mounted aerials were liberated from the Encore kit (which was just a reboxing of the horrid Frog kit) and needed some alterations to make them suitable for the High Planes kit.

The model was finished using Sovereign paints which I highly recommend, harder work than the Special Hobby kit but this is a more accurate kit than the Special Hobby offering!

6shEUW7.jpg

wUBYG5i.jpg

rOehCU3.jpg

mDtNHjH.jpg

UDTnf7T.jpg

hymi5nH.jpg

p83bOZ4.jpg

Edited by Slywolff
  • Like 58

Excellent build not only if you consider they are not the easiest build

And for my eye at least it shows HPM's is the more accurate kit indeed which I always knew from comparing the parts

Lovely job,...... I do like the Beaufort in RAAF service and you have got it off to a tee... great paint job too,

Cheers

Tony

Wowza! Nice going on a rather basic kit. Although, as you say, it is the most accurate one out there. I like the scheme too, and I like all the late/Australian modifications like the bigger fin.

Regards,

Adrian

I really like the look of that, it looks very "right" to me. I was so taken by it & went off to HPMs website &....... no Beauforts, zip, nothing. I've long fancied their Mk II(?) P & W powered one in TSS based in Malta, damn. :( C'mon Airfix.

Steve.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, stevehnz said:

I really like the look of that, it looks very "right" to me. I was so taken by it & went off to HPMs website &....... no Beauforts, zip, nothing. I've long fancied their Mk II(?) P & W powered one in TSS based in Malta, damn. :( C'mon Airfix.

Steve.

Hi Steve,

I was surprised all the Beauforts have disappeared so quickly. I was sure I saw some at a local Melbourne Hobby store "Models and Hobbies 4 U" in the last year but they've sold out too. Maybe the moulds have worn out as it is a "limited run" item. The only spot I could see them is at Aviation Megastore which have ok prices but the postage to Australia (and likely NZ) are very high so I only use them as a last resort.

https://www.aviationmegastore.com/dap-beaufort-mkvvi-k072099-high-planes-models-hpk072099-aircraft-scale-modelling/product/?action=prodinfo&art=98980

Good luck searching - They sometimes show up on ebay (There is one currently in the UK but including postage, price would be prohibitive).

Cheers

Michael