Some users unable to connect

Definitely think its AT&T as I've been blocked now for 2 weeks unless i disconnect from my Wifi. My Wifi is AT&T and i use a cellular for all my internet. My cellular is Verizon and no issues with them, as i can connect anywhere else using a different Wifi. That kind of defeats the point of having a Wifi device doesn't it ? 

Dennis

• Like 1

Hi Mike,

Here's my tracert:

Tracing route to britmodeller.com [154.16.147.178]
over a maximum of 30 hops:

1     3 ms     2 ms     2 ms  homeportal [192.168.1.254]
  2    29 ms    23 ms    23 ms  75-27-164-1.lightspeed.iplsin.sbcglobal.net [75.27.164.1]
  3     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  4     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  5     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  6     *        *        *     Request timed out.
  7     *     71.152.230.45  reports: Destination net unreachable.

Trace complete.

SBCGlobal is also known as AT&T internet. I'll give them an earful.

On 14/04/2019 at 05:30, Julien said:

Britmodeller has not Blacklisted ISPs, not even sure this is possible?

The matter is being looked into.

Julien

Your server host has the ability to block IP's/providers. Especially if DDoS attacks have come from certain IP's. Used to happed to me all the time when I had 4 servers of my own.

7 hours ago, Supertom said:

SBCGlobal is also known as AT&T internet. I'll give them an earful.

It must have been a very effective earful...Britmodeller has magically returned to my AT&T-served iPad this morning.

Whoever is responsible - thanks! 😀

• Like 1

19 hours ago, busnproplinerfan said:

I use Bell/MTS, Bell took over a couple years ago without even asking.

There's been so much in the way of take-overs in the US and UK that there are now only a few ISPs left.  I believe in the US there are areas where one company has a monopoly, and consequently they charge what they like and treat their customers like :poop: What with Ajit Pai doing his best to kill off net neutrality in the US, and the lack of investment in infrastructure everywhere for the future, it's likely that US & UK will lag behind when it comes to speed and choice.  Aren't we lucky?

• Like 2

I wish I'd read my emails earlier - Support say they've been told that the issue is now resolved.  Would any of the SWBELL/AT&T customers care to chip in if they can? :o

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, VMA131Marine said:

I can now access BM again through AT&T! Yay! Great work getting this resolved.

:partytime:

I've updated the thread over on Hyperscale, but don't have an ARC account that I can remember.  Could someone let those folks know for me please? :yes:

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mike said:

:partytime:

I've updated the thread over on Hyperscale, but don't have an ARC account that I can remember.  Could someone let those folks know for me please? :yes:

Someone already posted it up over there!

It is nice to finally be able to get back on.  I was just about over the withdrawal symptoms!  Thanks for getting it fixed!  :worthy:

Edited by ridinshotgun

5 hours ago, ridinshotgun said:

Thanks for getting it fixed!  :worthy:

...and thanks to you for helping us get the info we needed to press our attack home :clap2:

• 2 weeks later...

It looks like AT&T/SWBELL have an aversion to our current IP address, so if you're able to read this somehow, say on your cellular or work data, can you try the following if you feel competent?

Windows

Open up a Command window/DOS Prompt (type cmd <ENTER> from your start menu's Run item of press Windows+R) and type the following:

tracert britmodeller.com

Mac and Linux

open a Terminal window and type the following:

traceroute britmodeller.com

The screen will scroll along for a bit as the data hops between router after router, and will either end in a failure with some timeouts or get to the britmodeller.com server

Once it's finished, take a screenshot or copy & paste the data into a PM to me, speak to us on Facebook, or if you've got my email address, use that :)

TIA to anyone giving it a go. :yes:

2 hours ago, Mike said:

...anyone able to do a tracert from AT&T for us?  We've still got a few members that can't get in. :(

I am using AT&T and have not have any problems since it was fixed a week or so ago. I can run it if you want but it won't show the problem they are having.

12 hours ago, ridinshotgun said:

I am using AT&T and have not have any problems since it was fixed a week or so ago. I can run it if you want but it won't show the problem they are having.

Odd - I know the members I've been helping wasn't experiencing the usual "site not found" type of error, so maybe they aren't?  He spoke to AT&T yesterday and they did their best to sort him out - someone must not have got the message about not being helpful :hmmm: