Pegasus 1:48 Hawker Hurricane Mk.1

This build was virtually out of the box except for me adding leading edge landing light lenses, a pitot tube and a gunsight peg.  It is only my second build after a long hiatus when I lost my modelling mojo and was planned to be a practice of weathering panel hi-lighting and finding a good matt varnish. I did the Vallejo acrylic Matt Varish is absolutely brilliant. Well here she is RF-E Serial P3900 of 303 Sqon from the Battle of Britain 1940.

resized_6ef70945-a848-4837-a47c-3799e42e

resized_ebdfceb0-5f8a-4714-8a07-48c5b7a6

resized_7092a03c-96f6-49ed-98bf-4c02f1d2

resized_ac8f0c11-b0f7-4c56-a7be-12f3d6f2

Thanks for looking.

Ian

• Like 35
  • Thanks 1

Gorgeous result in this Pegasus kit (of which I'm a big fan.) Beautiful work!

Also share your regard for Vallejo's matt. I've been using it as my standard finish coat for several years now, love its consistency and ease of use. (It even brushes on well, in a pinch.)

Cheers

That's a  cracking build of this kit Ian,built one last year, after the shock  of the tan coloured plastic it turned out a thoroughly enjoyable

experience and certainly look's every part the Hurricane.

Very nicely done Ian. Definitely looks like you've got your mojo back. I've been the same. Only got back into it a couple of months back after about 15yrs hiatus. I feel much better in myself also after picking it back up. I hope you feel the same 🙂

Great looking Hurricane! 👍

Ben

• 2 weeks later...