AK Xtreme Metal Paint Issue

IainA

Hi Folks

I've just opened two of the AK Xtreme Metal paints that I have in my collection and they are unusable. These are replacements direct from AK that I got for the bad batch they put out some years ago and I've had them for about a year. They've never been opened until today and despite copious shaking, stirring, stirring and shaking, they are like my wife's mashed spuds, runny with lumps in. Any ideas as to the cause (not for the spuds)? Has this happened to anyone else? Any ideas about rectifying this? They've been kept in a cool dark place since I got them so I'm at a loss as to why they won't mix; I've got enamel paints that are 25+ years old and they're still good!!

Thanks for getting back Colin. There's plenty of carrier medium in there, it's full to the neck of the bottles. I'm not sure the paint mixer is going to break down those lumps, they're like hard sand. Thanks for the input, much appreciated.

Doh, doh, doh, doh effing doh!! 

Thought I would check out the "old paints" that these replaced (I never throw anything away....) and guess what. Yes, the "old paints" that I had kept and stored away in the garage were actually the new, replacement paints. Mike, please leave this post up so that everyone can have a good laugh at my expense and if anyone from AK should happen to cruise by, my apologies. 

• Like 1