P-38F Glacier Girl Academy 1/48

Davek72

A few years ago my very first GB was a P-38 GB on BM.   I didn’t have anything in the stash and so I picked up a couple of kits.  If memory serves I built an RS Model 1/72 or at least tried to.  As with many of my GBs since I didn’t finish...

Anyway if it is ok with everyone I would like to join the GB with the other kit I bought an 1/48 Academy P-38F of the famous Glacier Girl.

There are numerous references on line setting out the history of this aircraft from production to being found 268 ft below the snowy surface of a Greenland glacier.  See 

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Glacier_Girl

for the full story.

I am having a few issues with Flickr so will post some pictures later.

Dave

Ok Flickr now working.

Heres the kit:

46681995095_3349920247_b.jpg

I got the kit from a certain online auction and it came with this:

32655171697_ea9417b633_b.jpg

Not got a great record with resin but will give it a go.

Cheers

Dave

• Like 5

• 2 months later...
On 4/13/2019 at 12:49 PM, gingerbob said:

A P-38 is a great thing to try a resin cockpit on, because it basically plugs in from underneath- none (or little) of that pesky "grind the fuselage to within an inch of its life" prep work.

gingerbob massive apologies for the delay in responding I have been suffering from a double whammy of shafted at work and lack of mojo.  I think realistically I am going to struggle to start let alone complete this GB.  Thank you however for your comment.  D

On 18/06/2019 at 23:07, Davek72 said:

gingerbob massive apologies for the delay in responding I have been suffering from a double whammy of shafted at work and lack of mojo.  I think realistically I am going to struggle to start let alone complete this GB.  Thank you however for your comment.  D

Hi Davek72

I really hope you will find time to start and complete this one .. the Gb ends on August 4th ...

All the best

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

• 2 weeks later...
On 6/20/2019 at 7:43 AM, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Hi Davek72

I really hope you will find time to start and complete this one .. the Gb ends on August 4th ...

All the best

Patrice

Hi Patrice

Thanks for the  message.  Unfortunately I think I may struggle .... but never say never as they say.  

Cheers

Dave

On 6/19/2019 at 9:07 AM, gingerbob said:

I'm in a similar position- other life priorities (including getting going on my seasonal work) have pushed fiddling with models even further down on the list.

Hope things are getting better GB and you get some bench time.  

• 3 weeks later...