RN FAA Odyssey #1 Airfix Sea Vixen FAW.2

Guy

16 hours ago, Guy said:

That sounds like a fun challenge, I hope we will see a restoration log !

This aircraft I chose as being part of 899 Squadron onboard HMS Eagle on her final round the world deployment in 1972. My father was onboard as a Met Officer and I have a faint memory of meeting her when she came back to port. I suspect the Vixen had flown off by then but it is nice to do something that had a link.

Here it is with a recently completed Sea Venom

JJ8ohRP.jpg

BXzgr5P.jpg

• Like 2

Finito !

Well the ladder will be added later once it has recovered from a reverse Ikea experience having built it and then clumsly put something down right on top of it ... Dummkopf!

50170888982_854356296d_z.jpg

50170630471_1cdd1c875a_c.jpg

50170630466_4dabfc9be4_c.jpg

50170087473_1101cb908c_c.jpg

50170087448_04d12b787b_c.jpg

50170632431_92dc42862a_c.jpg

• Like 7

Niiiiice - especially getting those walkway decals down right.  One thing though (not a crtisism & easily remediable if required), I'm pretty sure that on all Sea Vixens with the bulged RO's hatch it was blacked out.  A coat of gloss black should do it!

7 minutes ago, Graham T said:

Niiiiice - especially getting those walkway decals down right.  One thing though (not a crtisism & easily remediable if required), I'm pretty sure that on all Sea Vixens with the bulged RO's hatch it was blacked out.  A coat of gloss black should do it!

You are right about the coal hole, I just couldn’t face blacking it out after the work on the seat and all 😣 but since I haven’t glued it down, once I have a case for it, I may prop it open and properly black it out.