RN FAA Odyssey #1 Airfix Sea Vixen FAW.2

Guy

This pretty much finishes off the cockpit, I got stuck in the cycle of endless tweaking and decided enough is enough no-one is going to see these once installed other then the very top and I have got to the point where I am happy enough to leave it here.

48331452617_1559cf438a.jpg

Edited by Guy
  • Like 5

On 15/07/2019 at 17:58, Christer A said:

Wire handles are definitively the way to go!

To find a gauge that looked reasonable, I ended up cutting a bit of brass picture wire holding up a mirror, then unravelling it and using a single strand. I think it has worked out rather well.

Cockpit done!

A bit of matt varnish needed to talk the shine off the red handle to the right of the pilot's seat since I have only just remembered to install and paint it.  Not sure what the handle is for, hopefully someone can enlighten me?

48337244807_53a6ab9329.jpg

Edited by Guy
  • Like 11

• 8 months later...

For some strange reason I seem not to have much excuse not to be working on this now .. and canot believe how long this has languished on my desk waiting attention.

Wings primed and work started on the wingfolds.

49686540072_d176e5866d_z.jpg

• Like 7

We are entering the no excuses zone now, make the most of it and we can all enjoy it

The above innards look great, I cant help with the red handle even though I made sure to put it in mine

:(

:)

• 2 weeks later...
On 01/04/2020 at 00:04, moaning dolphin said:

hopefully no more 9 month breaks! 😉

Bob

That is certainly the intention, fair winds, calm sea and should be good sailing from here on in.

Today's work with mixed results, I tried to get the tube from the cone to the right hand side in with the help of a drill and some paper clip wire. Didn't manage to get the angles quite the same on both.

49735161101_de2fced323_z.jpg

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

The Pavla resin airbrake did need a lot of thinning out on its internal surface since it was fouling the bottom of the cockpit. Eventually got it thin enough that it didn't cause an issue for joining the two halves of the fuselage.

49793176236_7114a2e67c_z.jpg

• Like 7

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, CJP said:

Nice job so far - really like the look of those Wolfpack wing folds

CJP

They are much nicer than the out of the box version, suspect they will be driving me mad when I get to try to finalise them.

However, madness is relative - today it is these little nightmares that are driving me up the wall. I do not want to see ones like this ever again !

49925902603_4470792e55_z.jpg

Edited by Guy
  • Like 3

• 3 weeks later...