Why no Tupolev SB-2 bomber in 1/48?

cduckworth

Picked up the March issue of Scale Aviation Modeler today and was reading over the new kits (and repops) releases for this year.  I can’t understand why the SB-2 hasn’t been kitted in 1/48 by Zvezda, Dora Wings or Special Hobby.   Lots of appeal in SCW and Soviet markings.  Great hardbound book came out a few years ago with lots of GA drawings and drawings from the period manual.   I saw one kit on the web released by a Chinese firm a few years ago, perhaps a test shot, that apparently never got into production.   Seems like a ‘no brainer’ for a former Eastern block kit company.   

Maybe be next year....?

Edited by cduckworth
Auto correct wrong again

If you are desperate, I have the old MPM vacform, which you are welcome to for cost of postage. I'll never build it. But, be warned, all transparencies  are MPM yellow.

Peter M

No worries CD.

John, your model looks nice. I did build an MPM SB-2 kit. It is still on the shelves with my other Russian aircraft. Even survived the trip from Aus to Thailand!

As I recall it was a relatively easy build. Still trying to work out why I bought two, though!!!

Peter M