1/72 - Ilyushin Il-2/-2M Sturmovik by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP) - released

Homebee

New in May 2019 by Kovozávody Prostějov (KP)

- ref. KPM0136 - Ilyushin Il-2 “Interim Guners Station"

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/en/produkt/iljusin-il-2-interim-guners-station/

KPM0136-box.jpg

KPM0136-kamo.jpg

- ref. KPM0137 - Ilyushin Il-2M "Black Death"

Source: https://www.kovozavody.cz/en/produkt/iljusin-il-2m-black-dead/

KPM0137-box.jpg

KPM0137-kamo.jpg

1.jpg

V.P.

MattMemory2.jpg&key=454549e46694cda5ab5f

Edited by Homebee
  • Like 4

A very interesting addition to the VVS airfleet - the Il-2 “Interim Guners Station" Version has never been kitted before in 72 scale, I assume?

As far as I know, both Eduard and Tamiya 72 scale kits represent the late-type, swept-metal-wing variant, while the Academy offer represents the early wooden wing type.

Looks like KP's "Black Death" variant is an early production series aircraft, too?

Any experts around to comment/confirm?

Not an expert by any means, but I'm guessing that this "interim" version represents field-modified single-seaters. I'm also guessing that the sprue shown in the image presents the conversion parts necessary to alter some existing Il-2 kit - the old KP? Probably not - it would have the wrong wings. Maybe a reissue of a Toko, Dakoplast, or Smer single-seater mold?

John

The first one is obviously some kind of field modification, you're right.

I haven't seen this before, neither on photographs, nor as a kit option.

As for the sprues, I hope you're wrong, John; the parts look crisp from what I can make out of the picture.

I'd appreciate a new molding, especially of the  early production version, as the Academy double-seater Il-2 has become hard to get by..

Edited by Roman Schilhart
typo

Occa: actually, they had, although not a regular kit in the box, but a sort of limited edition in a bag with decals for postwar Czechoslovak AF. It might be issued under Kopro (not KP) label in turbulent early 90's. The kit was based on a horrible russian tooling.

This new issue could be based on new fuselage combined with Smer tooling of the single seat version.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Roman Schilhart said:

The first one is obviously some kind of field modification, you're right.

I haven't seen this before, neither on photographs, nor as a kit option.

As for the sprues, I hope you're wrong, John; the parts look crisp from what I can make out of the picture.

I'd appreciate a new molding, especially of the  early production version, as the Academy double-seater Il-2 has become hard to get by..

Years ago an outfit called WV Model released a resin/photoetch/decals conversion set for the Smer single-seater. The set included parts and decals for two models, an Il-2KR field conversion and an Il-2 with UBS machine gun. The set was very well made; I believe it was later reissued by someone else, but I forget who.

21 hours ago, Redboost said:

Occa: actually, they had, although not a regular kit in the box, but a sort of limited edition in a bag with decals for postwar Czechoslovak AF. It might be issued under Kopro (not KP) label in turbulent early 90's. The kit was based on a horrible russian tooling.

This new issue could be based on new fuselage combined with Smer tooling of the single seat version.

Yeah, that was my guess too, especially after I checked the WV conversion set and saw that it was intended for the Smer kit.

John

Edited by John Thompson

From Jan Polc in the Manufacturers' forum:

"These Ilyushins are based on SMER kit, which is very accurate. KP designed new fuselage and three types of canopy. The kit allows you to build early twoseater with narrow wing."

John

• Like 1

On 4/12/2019 at 6:59 PM, John Thompson said:

Not an expert by any means, but I'm guessing that this "interim" version represents field-modified single-seaters.

I not expert too, but modified version IL-2 was many, as examples with turret type IL-4:

DIXyBSef_XxCGO_xfRSuhyJ3GxRw4nHcsLwfk0gr

or field modifications:

413677_original.jpg

Resource photo from article A.Firsov "Double, single, double, single, double ...." 

https://afirsov.livejournal.com/324361.html

B.R.

Serge

• Like 1