Hawker Typhoon

Kit - Hasegawa 1:48

Paint - All Tamiya acrylics

Decals - Model Alliance 48-204

Extras - Ultracast resin rudder, KMC gun barrels, exhaust stubs, inner gear doors, seat.

Hawker Typhoon 1B

198 Squadron, 2TAF

Plumetot ALG

July 1944

8FVGtrg.jpg

Z762x37.jpg

IGYV5Bx.jpg

OcSWhOu.jpg

d7HtBGx.jpg

kf4NgqS.jpg

YHRNg2N.jpg

uTxfAlt.jpg

NrGH9qo.jpg

VqkLvur.jpg

tuvC7TS.jpg

Rhtc545.jpg

The Hasegawa kit came out in 1999, twenty years old and as fresh as if it was issued yesterday. Mostly it falls together (the rockets & rails are a bit of a chore), and from opening the box to this mornings' photo session took just a month. Not too much more to say other than it was the first time using the recent Tamiya WWII RAF colours, not too sure about them, still prefer the Jurassic era WEM enamels to be truthful but they may grow on me. 

Thanks for taking the time to look and as ever all comments, criticisms and questions are very welcome. Have a great weekend everyone, best from NZ.

Ian.

• Like 51

I'm afraid you will have to start again. There is a serious mistake on the model. The real plane in the photo doesn't have the white band at the back of the spinner. 

Just kidding. You have made a spot on job of this build. Well done. You also made a very good install of the cockpit insert. First thing I look at on a Hasegawa Typhoon model.

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

I'm afraid you will have to start again. There is a serious mistake on the model. The real plane in the photo doesn't have the white band at the back of the spinner. 

Just kidding. You have made a spot on job of this build. Well done. You also made a very good install of the cockpit insert. First thing I look at on a Hasegawa Typhoon model.

Yep and it's a three-blade not a four blade prop too !!! - Let's agree on that old fall-back 'Artistic License', eh ?

Ian.

Thanks folks, glad you like it, really appreciate the comments, never taken for granted. Next will be a return to 'What If'ing' which will great fun. See y'all then.

Best from NZ

Ian.

• Like 1

Super job! I'm working on the self-same kit at the moment. Did you (or has anyone else) used the Eduard masks? EX082 - reason being there are canopy and lights masks  - but only masks for one wheel! Did I miss something. I started to question my sanity! 

Again, splendid job - If mine comes out anywhere near as good I'll be chuffed.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Hurricane63 said:

Super job! I'm working on the self-same kit at the moment. Did you (or has anyone else) used the Eduard masks? EX082 - reason being there are canopy and lights masks  - but only masks for one wheel! Did I miss something. I started to question my sanity! 

Again, splendid job - If mine comes out anywhere near as good I'll be chuffed.

Not on this one, the canopy masking was very straightforward - If it was a Hurricane, Ju87 or an A6M then definitely !!

Ian.