1/48 Dragon Ju 188E

Well I'm going to have to comment on this. Well done on both aircraft and  diorama is well done.

Have you any tips on how to paint the squiggle lines? I'm making a Ju 188A1

At the moment and have been a bit worried about the squiggle pattern.

11 hours ago, Greg Law said:

Well I'm going to have to comment on this. Well done on both aircraft and  diorama is well done.

Have you any tips on how to paint the squiggle lines? I'm making a Ju 188A1

At the moment and have been a bit worried about the squiggle pattern.

Thanks Greg,  I am not an expert as this was my first ever attempt to do this type of camo.  I used my new HS Chameleon AB 0.2mm tip & GS Mr. Color paints thinned to nearly water consistency.  These schemes are subjective at best with this being a loose Wellenmuster, a tighter Wellenmuster could be obtained by another go around (perpendicular sic) to the existing pattern.  Nothing is firm, as I think these got sloppier as the war progressed.  Once you get the consistency where the AB sprays a fine line without clogging start Tagging that baby!  Don't worry if you make an oops, you can go back and adjust.  I did quite a few times until I got what looked OK to my eyes.  I have the Orange Box Ju 88G-6 with the multi-color squiggle over the Night Fighter scheme that I want to do too.  GOOD LUCK, it is not as hard as it looks.

John

Excellent job on the Ju-188!  Beautiful paint job.  Also, I can appreciate the effort to get the fit correct on the canopy, which was a real struggle for me when I built this kit, and it still did not come out as nice as yours.  Great diorama also.

3 hours ago, Harold55 said:

Excellent job on the Ju-188!  Beautiful paint job.  Also, I can appreciate the effort to get the fit correct on the canopy, which was a real struggle for me when I built this kit, and it still did not come out as nice as yours.  Great diorama also.

Thanks for the props fellas!  Harold and anyone else building or contemplating this kit: The canopy glazing is a little too wide and this has been by identified by some builds in the past.  This is what I did for the glazing, boil some water in the kettle, just after the water boils pour some in a small container and put each piece in for about 25-30 seconds, pull each piece out and gently squeeze the section that is wide and quench immediately under cold running water.  Do this to each piece individually.  I stress gentle pressure, there are flow lines in the glazing which may fracture if you squeeze too hard.  After a future dip, cure, Eduard mask, paint, I tacked the canopy with Gator Grip and further ran Testors Dull Cote along the entire edging with a small brush a few times to ensure a good bond.  I am pleased with really how simple it was to get a good result on what makes the Ju 188 really stand out.  Hope this might help some of fellas.

JTY

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Greg Law said:

Thanks John. One more thing. Is that the kit canopy or the Fallon one?

It is the kit's glazing, I have the Falcon one too but did not use it, I came up with the solution to the problem as I posted above.

JTY