High Planes GAF Beaufort

Hello,

I think this is the third time I have tried editing this post only to hit enter to move the paragraph and down and lose all the writing.. what the hell is going on...

In short, this is the GAF Beaufort kit by High Planes, purchased around 1990??? then put away for a couple of decades and then restarted in 2016... challenging kit, lots of extra work but coming to fruition. so photos:

The Fuselage Mounted Aerials came from the Encore reboxing of the old Frog Beaufort, I kept the photo etched FMA and the decals then sold the remainder for $5... the P/e FMA don't quite match the High Planes kit but well see for yourself:

I'm using Sovereign Paints, Dark Earth and Dark Green... this will be RAAF Beaufort A9 380 as per the kit instructions...

yc86ugh.jpg

9QyWM0F.jpg

6DOeUVo.jpg

7fV36bx.jpg

9QyWM0F.jpg

cRGeane.jpg

lUJU05b.jpg

6oIESkY.jpg

TXvhN9j.jpg

9QjDAwj.jpg

8zQN1DZ.jpg

v35S1wD.jpg

7V3R5vB.jpg

uguCQXB.jpg

I9lw83a.jpg

GI83JxS.jpg

SHkLhKR.jpg

Edited by Slywolff
  • Like 8

On 4/12/2019 at 7:40 AM, RidgeRunner said:

Nice work, mate.

Martin

Thanks, Martin, all done now and on Ready For Inspection

On 4/12/2019 at 6:31 PM, Bell209 said:

Looks like you're wrangling a difficult case into a great representation of the aeroplane!

Thank you, wrangling might be just the word... been a challenge to put it mildly.

On 4/12/2019 at 6:38 PM, DaveyGair said:

I have 3 different versions of the High-Planes Beaufort, watching with interest and looks good.  

:goodjob:

Davey.

Ah you must have the Beaufort transport version, which are had to get hold of... the kits are buildable but a heck of a lot of work! But the most accurate kits of the type.

On 4/14/2019 at 3:43 AM, Slywolff said:

Ah you must have the Beaufort transport version, which are had to get hold of... the kits are buildable but a heck of a lot of work! But the most accurate kits of the type.

Unfortunately not, I have a Mk I, Mk II and a DAP Mk VIII. 

I have done one of their Beaufighter's which went OK, and looks the part I think.

https://www.britmodeller.com/forums/index.php?/topic/235042611-beaufighter-mk1-r2198-252-sqn-egypt-1941/&tab=comments#comment-3118511

Davey.