1/48 Airfix Sea Fury 808 Sqn RAN

This was built for the 2019 NSW Scale Model Shows "Airfix Cup" .

I chose a aircraft operated by 808 Sqn Fleet Air Arm Royal Australian Navy during the Korean War. This particular aircraft was flown by a New Zealander Lieutenant Guy A Beange . You can read about him here. It damaged by Typhoon Ruth in 1951 and was ditched overboard.

Markings are a combination or masks, kit decals , home made decals and from the Barracuda sheet.

There's more on the build and what I thought of the kit along with more photos over at my blog for those interested. Otherwise here are some photos

Sea-Fury-12.jpg

Sea-Fury-30.jpg

Sea-Fury-29.jpg

Sea-Fury-11.jpg

Sea-Fury-13.jpg

Sea-Fury-15.jpg

Sea-Fury-20.jpg

Sea-Fury-33.jpg

Edited by Calum
  • Like 62
  • Thanks 1

Stirling work Calum, really beautifully built. I’ve got one of these on the go as well and it’s nice to see so many Sea Fury’s so wonderfully displayed here.

Cheers and very well modelled.. Dave 

Hello Calun,

The model is outstanding. Together with the story from the pilot, it all comes to live.

I also visited your blog with all the models over the years. All very nice to have a deeper look at.

Photography is also very professional. (By all your models).

I appreciated all the time and effort in this article.

Regards, Orion / The Netherlands. 

• Like 1

Thanks All

10 hours ago, Ian said:

Great work as usual, matey... how you doin' ? - haven't heard from you much recently.

Ian.

All good Ian, just haven't been posting much except on my FB page. Back home to NZ next week for the Omaka Airshow , am looking forward to that