Meteor F8 56 Squadron

Meteor F8 , WK803,   56 squadron  RAF Waterbeach 1953 for the NATO v Warsaw pact 50s GB

Built from the Airfix 1/48th kit, painted in Tamiya AS12 with decals sourced from a Classic airframes kit and a light Flory wash to finish off.

Some fit issues with the intakes and especially nose, but on the whole a nice kit I would recommend  

Would have been kept clean as it was used on the Queens coronation flypast.

Need to sort out a proper setting to take decent pics. rather than phone pics at some point

Thanks for looking, any feedback or tips welcome

Ian 

20190410_142132_resized20190410_142414_resized20190410_142234_resized20190410_142334_resized20190410_142509_001_resized

• Like 16

17 hours ago, tonyot said:

Very nice indeed,....... great job,.... and I like the base too,..... very convincing,

Thanks

The base is one of the Coastal kits ones, they have a lot of really nice ones to choose from :) 

Ian 

• Like 1

Thanks for all the comments, much appreciated :) 

When I saw a pic of the original a while ago I thought that scheme fits the Meteor perfectly, took me a while to source the decals but thanks to some kind members on here I finally got hold of some, and the sun really sets them off :) 

I want to try and get a representation of 56 squadron aircraft through the years and this is another ticked off the list 

Ian :)