Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB Chat

• 3 months later...
On 2/10/2022 at 3:10 AM, mil 24 said:

hi all

i would be up for this one 

dave

welcome along, we are still in this years vote for the 2023 build year....so may be this time we will make it!

• Like 2

• 5 months later...

Gosh I had forgotten this one was still in for this years vote!!!

Good think I bought a second 1/48th ICM MiG-25, as have started the one I planned for this build!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

• 2 months later...

Some purchases were made at the Modellers United stand during Scale Scotland last weekend :D 

2022-09-26_08-05-37

These 3D printed sets are exquisite and require no clean-up. One ladder and chocks in 48th scale for the ICM PD kit and a pair of Ladders in 72nd for the ICM RU kit.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Was trying unsuccessfully to flog my revell mig-25 recon, maybe its a sign I should vote for this in the bunfight and join.....

Is that the 72nd scale kit Stu?

On 11/5/2021 at 7:58 PM, modelling minion said:

Well it looks like we will have to restrict ourselves to building the bomber/strike versions of the Foxbat in that GB or any record breaking/test versions in that GB.

What does this mean and why?

7 minutes ago, John Masters said:

At the time support kinda petered out short of the 25 and it was starting to look like we weren't going to get the numbers needed for the STGB to go official.  Fortunately we had a late reinforcement wave bolster our numbers.

Edit: MM beat me to it.  :P

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, John Masters said:

There was a time when we didn't think this GB would make it through and we were looking for alternative options to build them. Thankfully this is now not the case :) 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, PhantomBigStu said:

Indeed the rebox of the icm kit

Lovely kit, surprised nobody took it off you, how much were you looking for it?

11 hours ago, Col. said:

Lovely kit, surprised nobody took it off you, how much were you looking for it?

20 quid posted, probably would have gone had I got round to putting it on eBay…reminds me better removed it from the sale section if I do internet to build it now…….

On 9/30/2022 at 7:49 PM, Col. said:

Some purchases were made at the Modellers United stand during Scale Scotland last weekend :D 

2022-09-26_08-05-37

These 3D printed sets are exquisite and require no clean-up. One ladder and chocks in 48th scale for the ICM PD kit and a pair of Ladders in 72nd for the ICM RU kit.

Come on Col, open them up so we can all see!!!

On 10/1/2022 at 12:26 AM, helios16v said:

At the time support kinda petered out short of the 25 and it was starting to look like we weren't going to get the numbers needed for the STGB to go official.  Fortunately we had a late reinforcement wave bolster our numbers.

Edit: MM beat me to it.  :P

must be the only time he's ever quick....give him drinks trolly and you'll die of thirst waiting!!  :bleh:

On 10/1/2022 at 12:40 AM, modelling minion said:

Got to have faster fingers that that Chris!:tease:

🇺🇦

....and that's way too much information!!!!  :whistle:

Right you lot, time to bang on doors and generally make lots of noise so this makes the list next year. Bribery and standover tactics are allowed and encouraged!  :fight:

Plus someone also need to get their Wee Panzer STGB up as well.....so get you "fast fingers" moving on that!  I may have another addition soon in the stash for that one too.

• Haha 3

10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Right you lot, time to bang on doors and generally make lots of noise so this makes the list next year

Now if you paid attention to the goings on here you would know that there are less STGB's proposed than slots available so as it stands theres no need to drum up any support as we are already guaranteed a place, just like my Leopard GB.:tease:

🇺🇦

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, John Masters said:

Thinking ahead...I don't have a Mig-25 in stock.  The ICM Mig-25RBT seems to be a decent kit.  Anyone recommend it?  What other options in 72nd are worth building?

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-72172-mig-25rbt--1123405

I can recommend the ICM kits John, I have built one in both 1/72 and 1/48 and they are really nice kits.

🇺🇦

• Like 1