Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB Chat

• 2 weeks later...

Your name does it again!!!!! you tricked me into another GB. :angry:

Ok, I believe I have got two Mig-25s and a Mig 31 in my stash. 

So I am in. 

Cheers,

3 hours ago, Arniec said:

Your name does it again!!!!! you tricked me into another GB. :angry:

Ok, I believe I have got two Mig-25s and a Mig 31 in my stash. 

So I am in. 

Cheers,

see it's my duty to help reduce stashes......or make them increase! :P

i was wondering when you'd show up....you know you can't hide from me!! :wicked:

only a couple of the old usual suspects missing but we've almost the old gang back together! :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

41 minutes ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Please count me in I recently discovered in my stash a Mig 31 kit God only knows how this box got there ..

I've used that excuse before when SHMBO has found a hidden stash or an unexpected arrives in the post!

Welcome to the list we're getting there slowly.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

oh come on....you know you want to build a Foxbot or Foxhound!!!!! Every other Soviet era (and new Putin era....is there a difference! :whistle:) plane is a wuzzy compared to these!!!!

• Like 1

On 5/12/2019 at 1:21 PM, trickyrich said:

oh come on....you know you want to build a Foxbot or Foxhound!!!!! Every other Soviet era (and new Putin era....is there a difference! :whistle:) plane is a wuzzy compared to these!!!!

Yes! Just exactly. I mean, come on, look at these things! :wub: 

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

continuing may shameless plug of all things interesting and unusual.......

Now come on folks, who hasn't wanted to build one of these beasts!!! I mean this beast looks fast and evil just sitting there!

For those who like to dabble in the bigger scale, 1/48th, well you are spoiled for choice with some truly lovely models!

So grab the fox by the tail have have some proper fun!

• 3 months later...

I've got one of each to do, so put me down for this one... Last (and only) Foxbat I've done was the Hasegawa 72nd when it first came out in the seventies.... Lots of interest at time from Pilots on squadron... (was on Canberra OCU at time... if they ever saw a real one things had gone very, very wrong)

so please put me on list... not sure which one to do yet... OR maybe both

Cheers

DaveH

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • trickyrich changed the title to Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB - just 6 to go!!!

I’ve been debating this one unconclusively Rich:

Foxbat and Foxhound are both amazing, I love them. 

Schemes are limited but that’s ok.

The longest thing I’ve done to date was the 1/48 tomcat, It’s mahoossive. 398mm long and ‘just’ squeezes into my display cabinets with wings swept back and the pitot tube on the nose touching the glass sat at a 45 degree angle.

Now the 1/48 MiG-25 adds another 69mm to the length of that, and has wider wings! That thing is utterly huge and utterly awesome and It definately wont fit in my display cabinet.

Now I’ve only built a couple of 1/72 scale models over the last couple of years and they seem a little small scalewise to me. 

However ICM’s 1/72 MiG-25 looks to be super-detailed, of 1/48 standard and is 316cm in length so will fit nicely....

But...    Hmm... I’d miss the ridiculousness of the 1/48 and would almost definately regret a 1/72 buy... 

:hmmm:

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Dansk said:

I’ve been debating this one unconclusively Rich:

Foxbat and Foxhound are both amazing, I love them. 

Schemes are limited but that’s ok.

The longest thing I’ve done to date was the 1/48 tomcat, It’s mahoossive. 398mm long and ‘just’ squeezes into my display cabinets with wings swept back and the pitot tube on the nose touching the glass sat at a 45 degree angle.

Now the 1/48 MiG-25 adds another 69mm to the length of that, and has wider wings! That thing is utterly huge and utterly awesome and It definately wont fit in my display cabinet.

Now I’ve only built a couple of 1/72 scale models over the last couple of years and they seem a little small scalewise to me. 

However ICM’s 1/72 MiG-25 looks to be super-detailed, of 1/48 standard and is 316cm in length so will fit nicely....

But...    Hmm... I’d miss the ridiculousness of the 1/48 and would almost definately regret a 1/72 buy... 

:hmmm:

Hang it from the ceiling!!!! :thumbsup:

....as for non-boring grey versions..... the RBF's and a few BM's actually had some quite complex schemes. I have the RBF and sometime this year I'll get the BM to go with her.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48905-mig-25bm--1191458

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48904-mig-25rbf--1123402