Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB Chat

I’m in for this too. I’ve got the Revell re-box of the ICM 1/72 mig-25. Only problem is I’m really itching to start it as it looks superb.

Cheers Allan

• trickyrich changed the title to Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB - just 1 more to go!!!
  • trickyrich changed the title to Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB - we have 25
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

I don’t suppose the 23 could be added too?  I ask because a) it probably the only Mig not in a Gb proposal b) it’s probably my favourite mig from that era and c) I bought one for the stash yesterday :) 

Edited by Marklo

3 hours ago, Marklo said:

I don’t suppose the 23 could be added too?  I ask because a) it probably the only Mig not in a Gb proposal b) it’s probably my favourite mig from that era and c) I bought one for the stash yesterday :) 

Unfortunately due to this GB being a single-type group build (hence the lower required interested parties 25 vs 30) and the 23/27 being a completely different airframe that won't be possible.

I'm trying to remember if there was an attempt at a 23/27 STGB...great idea, though I don't know if we could generate enough interest.  I suppose one would never know until we try.  Might need to try to have a "Swing Wings GB" or something along those lines to have a slightly broader subject, but keeping little more focused than a general Mikoyan GB.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, helios16v said:

Unfortunately due to this GB being a single-type group build (hence the lower required interested parties 25 vs 30) and the 23/27 being a completely different airframe that won't be possible.

I'm trying to remember if there was an attempt at a 23/27 STGB...great idea, though I don't know if we could generate enough interest.  I suppose one would never know until we try.  Might need to try to have a "Swing Wings GB" or something along those lines to have a slightly broader subject, but keeping little more focused than a general Mikoyan GB.

I believe there was a 23/27 stgb attempt.

But when we cycled last winter it hadn't enough votes and was sent to the files of old ideas, down in the chat archives. So If someone wanted to they could suggest it ? 

• Like 1

strangely it was unpopular, especially so seeing we/ve never had an STGB for them.

I'd be happy to support an MiG-23/27 STGB or another Swing Wing GB!  :thumbsup: 

5 hours ago, trickyrich said:

Swing Wing GB!  

Now there’s an idea, you could start with the German experimentals and go all the way up to the Tornado/ late Cold War MIGs with plenty of types in between.

Edited by Marklo

• 4 weeks later...
10 hours ago, trickyrich said:

that's an interesting MiG-25, I wonder who makes or probably more the case, who made it originally

I have no idea. The kit Lioks quite good, the manufacturer appears to be PMS(!). Must check out scalemates and see if I can track it down.

No luck but I found another one on eBay 

Edited by Marklo

20 hours ago, Marklo said:

I have no idea. The kit Lioks quite good, the manufacturer appears to be PMS(!). Must check out scalemates and see if I can track it down.

No luck but I found another one on eBay 

I wonder how old it is, if there are lots of part is could be an ICM copy?

6 hours ago, trickyrich said:

I wonder how old it is, if there are lots of part is could be an ICM copy?

There do seem to be quite a few and it looks pretty good there is a 1996 copyright notice in the box ( which I’ve thrown out) 

You're going to have to post some photos of the kit itself, as this one is a really mystery model.

I though it might be a Condor model re-box, but the copyright is too early, plus the Condor model is more detailed as well. It's the version on the box art which is the most interesting...or confusing, is the kit in the box a RBT? 

Interestingly doing a search on this model brings up some results, when clicked on show some other MiG-25..... MiG "Click bait"! :D

• Haha 2

ARRRRR 1/144th! I had been looking at 1/72nd models! :wall:

Ok if I had to have a guess it's either a re-box of the Grandaddy of them all in this scale, the LS model from 1977 or Hobbycraft one in 1984. Both have/are very similar in the parts used. 

• Like 1

• 2 months later...