Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB Chat

• trickyrich changed the title to Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB - just 4 more to go!!!
On 1/9/2021 at 10:11 PM, Stephen said:

I would like to be added.

welcome along to the list

3 hours ago, Dansk said:

That makes it just 4 to go @trickyrich

you had me going for a while, I counted 5 to go with Stephen added.......... then I realised I'd forgotten to add you! :D

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, modelling minion said:

Resistance is futile!

Build it, build it, build it!

But, but, if I do that I'll need another kit for this GB :o Oh, right... :D 

• Haha 1

@Col. congratulations with a splendid purchase 🤗
If you have the inclination to, next time you are near it, could you photograph the fuselage tree next to one of your other beautiful finished models so we can guage the size of the beast? Only if it’s hassle-free 😊

what  @modelling minion said :D..... now if we could convince you to move up a scale! 

so just give me a wee bit of time and I'll have the AM list already for you! :D

11 minutes ago, Dansk said:

If you have the inclination to, next time you are near it, could you photograph the fuselage tree next to one of your other beautiful finished models so we can guage the size of the beast? Only if it’s hassle-free 😊

It'll fit on your shelf, don't worry, and evilBay has plenty available too! :thumbsup:

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

...and boy's this still isn't helping our numbers.....off bottoms and start dragging in more members! 

....how about some enticing randomn eye-candy to make the thread look super exciting? 😁

spacer.png

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

Of course Paul. Anything in particular you'd like to see it beside for reference? A Spitfire perhaps. Or a Harrier. A Hunter. Maybe a MiG-21.

1 hour ago, trickyrich said:

what  @modelling minion said :D..... now if we could convince you to move up a scale! 

so just give me a wee bit of time and I'll have the AM list already for you! :D

Well I already did with the ICM PD in 48th. Although a reconnaissance version would complete the Foxbat story, and the Revell reboxing of the RB is going quite cheap in some places...

1 hour ago, Dansk said:

....how about some enticing randomn eye-candy to make the thread look super exciting? 😁

spacer.png

Oh, great, now I need a second RU kit to do this one as well :rolleyes:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 1/6/2021 at 2:30 PM, trickyrich said:

Hang it from the ceiling!!!! :thumbsup:

....as for non-boring grey versions..... the RBF's and a few BM's actually had some quite complex schemes. I have the RBF and sometime this year I'll get the BM to go with her.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48905-mig-25bm--1191458

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/icm-48904-mig-25rbf--1123402

I fully support this decision.  :penguin:

• Like 1

On 1/16/2021 at 12:42 AM, Col. said:

Of course Paul. Anything in particular you'd like to see it beside for reference? A Spitfire perhaps. Or a Harrier. A Hunter. Maybe a MiG-21.

Oooh you’re taking requests @Col.  :thumbsup:

Possible to see a 1/72 mustang or spit next to it?

and also a 1/48 mustang or spit They might actually look the same scale as it as its so huge,

and if you’re really feeling generous then I’d be really curious to see a c-47/dc-3 in scale 1/72 next to it!

not that I’m obsesssed with size or anything you understand 😁

Edited by Dansk
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/17/2021 at 9:04 PM, Dansk said:

Oooh you’re taking requests @Col.  :thumbsup:

Possible to see a 1/72 mustang or spit next to it?

and also a 1/48 mustang or spit They might actually look the same scale as it as its so huge,

and if you’re really feeling generous then I’d be really curious to see a c-47/dc-3 in scale 1/72 next to it!

not that I’m obsesssed with size or anything you understand 😁

I'll have you know I've received several compliments about the size of my Dak...

Ahem, anyway, a Mustang in 72nd and Spitfire in both scales I can do :) 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Col. said:

I'll have you know I've received several compliments about the size of my Dak...

Ahem, anyway, a Mustang in 72nd and Spitfire in both scales I can do :) 

....like it's amazing you can get them that small!!! :rofl2:

38 minutes ago, trickyrich said:

....like it's amazing you can get them that small!!! :rofl2:

Okay, this reminded me of an incident from years ago...

Sitting in the pub one night with a girl-friend when one of the local worthies gets to the point where the drink has drowned the sense so he strips off and starts dancing about waving himself at the girls. Until he got to where we're sitting at which Sonia points at him and shouts, "Aww, cute, it's just like a ----- only smaller!" 

• Haha 2

• 2 weeks later...
  • trickyrich changed the title to Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB - just 3 more to go!!!
9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

Oooh, do tell!

Hi craig ,  ive got 3 in 48th scale , a revell SMT ,i love its hump back look, got that cheap from telford a couple of years back £15 ,well worth it i thought, as its eduard plastic as you know , and my two Others are both eduard kits a weekend "pf" Czech invasion stripes one ,and a profipack "MF" got  seduced by the egyptian version on the front of the box 🤗, and i regret to say i haven't  built a 21 since an academy fishbed about 20yrs ago, i look forward to building one

Doh wrong gb🤗, that above is obviously for the mig 21 gb

For this , amks 48 mig 31 bm/bsm with the extra bits and icms mig25, i also have an ancient revell mig 25 in 48th

Edited by Hewy
  • Like 3

• 2 weeks later...