Mikoyan-Gurevich MiG-25 Foxbat/MiG-31 Foxhound STGB Chat

Well we seemed to have had STGB's for all the others in the family so I guess it's time for the BIG DADDY of them all, the MiG-25 and MiG-31!!!

As far as Soviet heavy metal goes it just doesn't get any bigger or heavier than these monsters.

The MiG-25 stunned the world when she first appear, for a single seater aircraft she was huge and fast. The MiG-31 is equally as impressive these days, especially with some of the "special" weapons she can carry.

I have a 2 1/48th Foxhounds in the stash (one resin Collect-Aire & 1 plastic AMK) but could easily see an ICM Foxbat joining them!

So it's time to complete the Mikoyan-Gurevich family and bring out the beasts!!

....and the list:

1, trickyrich      - Host

2, CliffB

3, helios16v

4, Marlin

5, Hook

6, Fotbat

7, Col.              - CoHost

8, zebra

9. exdraken

10, Valkyrie

11, BerndM

12, modelling minion

13, DaveJL

14, Jabba

15, Arniec

16, TEMPESTMK5

17, Hewy

18, rafalbert

19, DaveH

20, Dansk

21, Stephen

22, Hewy

23, Davek72

24, almac

25, smudge   :partytime:

• Like 3

welcome along, I have a slight feeling this may turn out to be quite popular and I expect maybe 1/48th will be the popular scale for ICM's & AMK's.

Plus can't forget Cliff and his amazing wee fellas, though this would actually be quite big in this scale.

in future I'll just put you as #2 on any list I start! :D .....and you are as well, thank you.

I have a feel we may also see some of the usual suspects joining in as well!

• Haha 1

Off COURSE!

doing my 2nd ICM 48th  one currently, probably I should do the AMK  early -31 then?

Or  ....

Or a camo RBF? Or a middle eastern fighter variant?

Lybia? Algeria? Syria? Iraq???

Too many options.... :bangin:

Edited by exdraken
  • Like 2

welcome along

6 hours ago, exdraken said:

Off COURSE!

doing my 2nd ICM 48th  one currently, probably I should do the AMK  early -31 then?

Or  ....

mmm you're all to blame for this you know!!! I can just see myself spending a small fortune on AM for one of these beasts!!

If I don't build the Foxhound then it'll be an ICM PD in Ukraine scheme or an RBF or the new BM, too many choices/decisions to make!!!  :boom:

• Haha 2

Yes please!! In my first GB I built a Soviet MiG-25 then the next GB was a current deployment Russian Navy MiG-31...loved both and with more experience under my belt I’d love to give the 31 another shot

• Like 3

On 4/11/2019 at 5:13 PM, exdraken said:

Off COURSE!

Or  ....

I really think the camo one looks fabulous, but then they look good in anything they wear 

• Like 2

20 hours ago, trickyrich said:

welcome along, you're on the list.

Am happy to say we're almost 1/2 way there and the thread has been up for less than a week!

That is good!!!

But who/ what is Fotbat  as in your list ? 😛

• Like 1

These group builds are a fine stash manager. Buying something - stash - GB - finish/shelf of doom.

B)

My kit is the Revell 04378 and comes from Zvezda.

https://www.scalemates.com/kits/revell-04378-interceptor-fighter-mig-31-foxhound--104406

Nice surfaces and a very nice decal sheet, The rest we will see.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, BerndM said:

These group builds are a fine stash manager. Buying something - stash - GB - finish/shelf of doom.

B)

I must be doing it wrong - GBs always give me a taste for a subject so I end up with a bigger stash at the end than at the start :D 

Andy

Where shiny things come to die.

• Haha 5

23 minutes ago, Foxbat said:

I must be doing it wrong - GBs always give me a taste for a subject so I end up with a bigger stash at the end than at the start :D 

Andy

Where shiny things come to die.

I have sworn to myself only kits from the stash and some needed aftermarket.

( may the force is with me ):rolleyes:

• Like 1

On 4/11/2019 at 8:32 AM, trickyrich said:

I have a feel we may also see some of the usual suspects joining in as well!

Usual suspect reporting for duty!!

I happen to have an AMK Mig-31 in the stash but really fancy an ICM Mig-25RBF or their BM Wild Weasel version when that comes out later this year if only for the fact that they are camouflaged and will break up the sea of grey in the gallery.

• Like 2

14 hours ago, BerndM said:

I have sworn to myself only kits from the stash and some needed aftermarket.

( may the force is with me ):rolleyes:

I sort of have planned at one stage the this year I'd only build models for the stash, even told SWMBO who was almost happy to hear that. It's gone downhill really bad so far... :whistle: I may not survive the year if the stash gets an audit!!!!  :chair:

9 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I happen to have an AMK Mig-31 in the stash but really fancy an ICM Mig-25RBF or their BM Wild Weasel version when that comes out later this year if only for the fact that they are camouflaged and will break up the sea of grey in the gallery.

awesome, I did have come and find you this time......that's why you need a manager...

9 hours ago, DaveJL said:

Mark me down for this too, have an AMK Mig-31 in the stash and another ICM Mig-25.

are another usual suspect, nice to see you're here....

8 hours ago, Jabba said:

Add me to the list, I am sure that I have a MiG 25PD in the stash that is wanting to be built as an Iraqi aircraft that had an interesting start to the 1991 conflict.

.....and another one. 

Welcome one and all, we're now past the halfway point, we just need to rope in a few more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

19 hours ago, modelling minion said:

I was eyeballing a RBF at Victory Models...but sat around contemplating too long and now it's gone.  Someday...but the stash is too big to be paying full price for anything anymore.  But when deals come around though, one must take advantage...at least that's what I'm telling myself after getting back from the model show on Saturday.  😝

Edited by helios16v
  • Haha 2