F-104 pilot figure 1/48

franky boy

Hi everyone 

Im planning on building a Starfighter in flight in 1/48 scale for the upcoming Lockheed GB. 

I need a seated pilot figure figure for this (obviously). I know PJ Productions produce one for the 104 but he has his arm cocked at an angle and is more suited to an open cockpit signaling to ground crew scenario. 

I was wondering does anyone know of another suitable figure to fill the void? I don't mind if he is moulded with an ejection seat as long as it's the right one.

Thanks 

James

Edited by franky boy

James, you're welcome to one or both of these handsome chaps if you want?

One is from a Phantom and the other from a Buccaneer I think, but I'm sure a quick conversion onto Starfighters might help their careers!

Let me know if you want either/both and if you do, pm me your address and they'll be posted onto F-104s!

IMG47901554922152.jpg

15 hours ago, Lord Riot said:

James, you're welcome to one or both of these handsome chaps if you want?

One is from a Phantom and the other from a Buccaneer I think, but I'm sure a quick conversion onto Starfighters might help their careers!

Let me know if you want either/both and if you do, pm me your address and they'll be posted onto F-104s!

IMG47901554922152.jpg

Thanks Lord Riot.

Ill take both of those fine looking chaps if you don't mind. Pm inbound.

Thanks 

James

ps. Who's going break it to them they're being posted to 104's?

• Like 1

Nothing wrong with being posted to 104's  😁  plus, if you do a German F-104 you can paint the pilot in a nice bright orange flying suit. :cheers:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Starfighter said:

Nothing wrong with being posted to 104's  😁  plus, if you do a German F-104 you can paint the pilot in a nice bright orange flying suit. :cheers:

The red, white and blue Viking scheme had crossed my mind. 

Yeah, that would be cool ! About 5 years ago I built a 1/32 Luftwaffe F-104G, and used the Astra decal sheets for my model. They were a bit expensive but well worth the money, and just think of all those hours of fun applying every stencil !   😄

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Starfighter said:

Yeah, that would be cool ! About 5 years ago I built a 1/32 Luftwaffe F-104G, and used the Astra decal sheets for my model. They were a bit expensive but well worth the money, and just think of all those hours of fun applying every stencil !   😄

I saw that one on the Hannants web site. It looks like an awesome decal set and probably not that expensive if you plan to build a few German 104’s.

The other one I noticed was the sheet for mount Olympus Starfighter from the Hellenic airforce. Now those decals did scare the living daylights out of me!😕

• Haha 1