Etendard IVP questions

ReccePhreak

My friend and I will soon be starting on our Kitty Hawk 1/48 Etendard IVP/IVM kits, and I have some questions about the (typically) confusing Kitty Hawk instructions.

They show you installing what appear to be 4 square camera windows under the fuselage, just forward of the lower speed brakes. 

On the painting guides, which are ALL said to be Etendard IVMs, even though they all are shown with the CRM280 reconnaissance module, some show 2 windows, some show 4 windows and some show no windows. I have only found one photo in my library of an Etendard IVP with what appears to be the 4 underfuselage windows. This is an early bird (side # 115), before they started carrying the CRM280 pod.

Can anybody verify that the IVP had cameras installed under the fuselage, and were they done away with when the CRM280 pod came into use? Everything I have read said that before the CRM280, the only cameras were in the nose.

Are the fuel tanks in the kit correct for the Etendard IVP, and if so would they be carried on staions 2 & 6?

Finally, did the Etendard IVP ever carry the Phimat or Barracuda ECM pods shown in the instructions, or is this just shown because Kitty Hawk used the same weapons sprue as in their Super Etendard kit?

Larry

8 hours ago, Finn said:

Larry go here:

http://www.ffaa.net/aircraft/etendard/characteristics.htm

Scroll down to weapons, especially the buddy refuelling pod, mention is made if the pod is carried the ventral cameras can't be used.

Jari

Jari,

Thanks for the reply and the link. It's been awhile since I was at that site. I knew that the camera pod couldn't be used if the buddy refueling pod was carried.

What is even more interesting (and confusing) to me was the following comment:

A CER 10PR photo under-frame with OMERA 31 F600 cameras covering a 30° angle. The body of each OMERA contains a 30m magazine i.e. 230 pictures in 114x114 format.

Are they talking about the 4 camera windows under the fuselage?

I wonder if the cameras can be used for night reconnaissance, and if so, what do they use for illumination?

Larry

Larry my take on this:

A removable reconnaissance pod fitted under the fuselage, between the two doors of the CER 10PR photo under-frame.

Is the pod goes on the bottom of the fuselage between the above doors, there is even a small pic showing the CER 10PR door open with a camera in view. Also below that mention is made of types of flares carried.

Jari

Hi,

For the tanks, use the 625 L

CRM280 recce module was used by the SEM stage 4

As for the ECM/jamming pod,  barracuda for sure, phimat don't know.  Also you can use the lance-cartouche Alkan and the Lacroix flare dispenser instead of the drag chute in the tail cone

Cheers,

Joseph

Edited by beppe