Boeing 767-300 ANA Fly Panda Special Livery Hasegawa 1/200

Another one for my collection of special liveries.

The All Nippon Airways "Fly Panda" scheme I found very eye catching when I first saw pictures of the real aircraft.

Hasegawa is always a safe bet when it comes to special liveries from japanese airlines and the Fly Panda  scheme was no exception.

The decals are nicely printed but a bit tricky to apply on the model.

They do not fit perfectly and some careful trimming and spacing is required to get everything in place.

The cockpit window comes from an old AHS 767 detail set as Hasegawas window decal is way off in shape and the wing coroguard panels are from Liveries Unlimited.

It was a joyful build for in between and is a very catchy sight on my shelf

Cheers

20190409-192549.jpg

20190409-192537.jpg

20190409-192623.jpg

20190409-192603.jpg

20190409-192641.jpg

• Like 16

On 10/04/2019 at 01:43, Turbofan said:

Hi Alex,

Hey this is great! A very different livery, I'll have to show my daughter she loves Pandas!

Any idea what the yellow boxes are on the wings?

Cheers,

Ian

Thank you very much Ian.

No idea what the yellow boxes are.I only saw those on japanese airliners.The 787 Dreamliner of ANA has them too but I dont know what they are for.

Nice work. I recall this aircraft was painted in 2007 to commemorate the 20 years anniversary of ANA's launching of direct flights between Japan and China. It was retired in 2014. 

Many other airlines also have panda liveries such as FedEx, Air China, Sichuan Airlines and they all look very cute. 

Cheers,

Chris

• Like 1

100% cracking model - I love the alternative Panda look livery and agree 100% about Hasegawa's decals not always fitting despite their quality. Having built their Marine Jumbo, some of their larger wraps are questionable. Thanks for your mention of the 767 cockpit decal - I struggled recently with this on a 1/200 Qantas 767 and just could not get the blasted thing straight or lined up correctly.

Back to your 767 - it looks smashing - top marks

• Thanks 1