Boeing 727-100 Revell reworked 1/144

This particular model was done by me somewhere back between 1991-1993.I cant remember exactly.

Back in those days I brushpainted all my models,sometimes more successful...sometimes less...

This one belonged somwhere in the middle.

It was first built as Wardair Canada but over the years it had badly yellowed and also the seams were visible in some places and the overall paint was not correct compared to the real one.

Last year I decided to redo the model,and give it a fresh paint and a nice new livery.

I searched on Ebay and found an originial vintage Revell/Lodela decal set for Cruzeiro of Brasil.

The set was bought and the renovation was on...strp off the old paint with Revell's paint remover,clean up all blemishes fill the cracks and also the cabin and cockpit windows.

The main problem of the Revell 727 are the recessed cabin windows,which just look unnatural and the cockpit has no clear part,just holes.

After everything was cleaned and repaired,it was time for the new paint.

The decals worked well despite their age,but it was quite troublesome to get the blue sections around the front.A lot of cutting,patching (and cursing) later,it was all set and done.

The Revell 727 kit is in my opinion the better option compared to the Airfix kits as it captures the lines of the 727 pretty well.

Cheers

First 2 pictures as she was before the redo (sorry for the quality of the pics,the ligting was unfortunately not very good)

20181008-190959.jpg

20181008-191025.jpg

20190409-193457.jpg

20190409-193447.jpg

20190409-193519.jpg

20190409-193530.jpg

20190409-193544.jpg

• Like 17

Another eye-catching beauty Alex. I went through a phase of refurbishing old models a couple of years ago but I came to the conclusion that it was sometimes easier just to build a new one! Well done for getting such an excellent result and such a beautiful livery.

10 hours ago, Skodadriver said:

Another eye-catching beauty Alex. I went through a phase of refurbishing old models a couple of years ago but I came to the conclusion that it was sometimes easier just to build a new one! Well done for getting such an excellent result and such a beautiful livery.

Thank you very much.

Yes,thats probably right,but I didn't manage to bin it,even there is a re-issue of the Revell 727.

I enjoy sometimes the refurbishing of old builds and see them come back to life.Its interesting to see the improvements one made in modelling between now and 25-30 years ago...