Airfix starter set Northrop F-5A freedom fighter.

Please don't laugh as I have been running a group build on another site and the theme is a starter set but only using the kit components and the basic tools no airbrush allowed or any other modern aids just going back to basics.

And I must have chosen the worst kit the paints were ok with the exception of the silver witch took five coats.

So I certainly appreciate all the modern aids.

So I may try to find the exact kit and throw every modern aid at it.46657533725_da98983802_c.jpg46657533735_6880414f98_c.jpg46657533745_3893eb70f8_c.jpg46657533755_f6396e9f27_c.jpg

Edited by peterairfix
  • Like 15

Wow that brings back memories, built two of them when I was exceptionally young (one being my first finished kit ever), a very basic kit but it certainly suited my 9 year old requirements! 🤣

A very good build of this kit considering you had to use only the bare necessities

• Like 2

Ah, memories come flooding after seeing this. I got the kit in the 60s and remember being at junior school and excited to get home and build it and then slap on the exotic Iranian decals :). Thanks for that :).

nice build.

Martin

• Like 1