Lockheed PV-1 Ventura, Revell 1/48

pabbi

This is a lovely kit. From when I built one I remember that you can click the upper fuselage  panel in without the turret for painting. Then remove it, add the turret then refit without any issues. 

Enjoy 

Colin 

• Like 1

The only thing that really needs to be updated is the propeller blades. The kit ones have pointed tips and should be squared. I replaced mine with aftermarket resin as it's quite hard to make 6 identical ones. Pabbi is planning to go a bit further.!

You also need to delete the jump seat for RAF machines by omitting the left seat and control column. 

Colin 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, gingerbob said:

Wait, weren't you just laying out sprues?

sure was gingerbob 

day one..... lay down the sprues for a photo, cut the first 13 pieces off, assembled them, painted, PE on....   cockpit finished....   all in half a DAY :)

I was wondering why Eduard want the detail sanded off the center console, on the more expensive PE they have a piece to put on but not on mine :(

better not sanded them off ?

O1B9jXv.jpg

I only noticed this when I started painting

BCGNVRW.jpg

primed with tamiya spray can primer

XByIYa4.jpg

Using mission models paint for first time, tried different mixes but can not get the paint to flow right or too transparent, switching to my favorite, tamiya for now will continue testing :)  insignia white FS 17875.... too grey ? (tail wheel broken but not lost)

UenK3hw.jpg

• Like 1

On 4/21/2019 at 10:00 PM, Corsairfoxfouruncle said:

Wow quick work but shes looking great. 

thanks, yes i have had a lot of time for this build lately therefore I am at this stage now, not sure if that makes it quick work ? one hour a day would make reaching this stage more than a months work :)

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

An update on my Ventura, bombs, wheel covers, gun turrets, drop tanks and engine covers now on.

Had some problems getting the wheel covers in place and under nose guns keep breaking off.
Forgot to paint the blue on the drop tanks before fitting them, thinking of leaving them white ? what do you think ?

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 2

finished decaling :)

there are only 14 decals plus 4 for the octopussy

the Octopussy decals.... the most difficult ones are the 2 around the turret, probably been better to cut them in each in half ? the other 2, one each side were Nerve Wracking but thankfully did not break even after a lot of moving around.

I now need to touch up at 3 places (arrows), one leg of the Octopussy I needed to move from left decal to right to get them to align (arrow with cirkel )

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

• Like 8

• 3 weeks later...