Vultee V1A American Airlines

Dear all,

Please find below some images of my recently finished Special Hobby Vultee V1A in the colours of American Airlines. The build in itself went pretty smooth, but close to the finish line I wanted to respray the anti-glare panel and with the masking tape pulled off part of the decals...

Special Hobby wasn't able to supply a replacement, but Arctic Decals came to the rescue. Of course Mika from Arctic also corrected some of the errors in the decal sheet, so 'kiitos' (thank you in Finnish) to Mika.

On to the pictures!

Peter

540.jpg

540.jpg

540.jpg

• Like 30

• 5 months later...

:clap2:Very nice indeed,I haver never done civilian aircraft,mainly because I brush paint my models and civie aircraft usually come in colours that are hard to do with a brush for example white,red,silver and yellow.Camouflage is much easier.

Mohawk

That is a very nice model! Can't beat the classic AA colors and markings, either. Don't have very many civil kits in my stash, but what you have done with this one has sorely tempted me to get the kit and the Arctic decals.  Well done!

Mike

On 9/20/2019 at 9:53 PM, Mohawk said:

:clap2:Very nice indeed,I haver never done civilian aircraft,mainly because I brush paint my models and civie aircraft usually come in colours that are hard to do with a brush for example white,red,silver and yellow.Camouflage is much easier.

Mohawk

Hi Mohawk,

If I may make a suggestion: as civil aircraft usually have large areas in the same colour, you could consider using a Tamiya or Humbrol spray can. This works well, especially for the silve, and will give you a base without brush marks.

All the best

Peter

• Like 1

Hi Pedro1,I know what you mean about Tamiya and or Humbrol spray cans but they are not cheap.I could get three or four tins of paint for the price of one spray and as I am now unemployed,my modelling budget is greatly reduced.

Mohawk