KC-130J Hercules - Harvest Hawk (USMC)

Romeo Alpha Yankee

Too many Lockheed kits, not enough time!

So my contenders include:

P-2 Neptune

P-3 Orion ( of course)

L-188 Electra

C-121

L1049 Constellation

L749 Constellation

C-130 Hercules (various versions) KC-130J (Maybe a Harvest Hawk version) is the winner for now

L1011 Tristar

S-3 Viking

F-104 Starfighter

Jetstar

C-141 Starlifter

Hudson

Ventura

U-2

TR-1

F-16

F-35 Lightning

• Like 3

You could always do an Orion Ray - just for something different!! Nice collection of Lockheed’s finest, all the same.

I’m a little with you in the way that I really do want to play along with a number of this years GB’s however if I do,  will ust over commit myself badly. Before I know it, June 1 will come around and the Classic Frog GB will no doubt take up quite a bit of my modelling time. 

Cheers.. Dave 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Rabbit Leader said:

You could always do an Orion Ray - just for something different!! Nice collection of Lockheed’s finest, all the same.

I’m a little with you in the way that I really do want to play along with a number of this years GB’s however if I do,  will ust over commit myself badly. Before I know it, June 1 will come around and the Classic Frog GB will no doubt take up quite a bit of my modelling time. 

Cheers.. Dave 

:D:D

I still have 2 Orions well on the way and don't want to start another. I am starting to sway towards a C-130 though!

8 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Cheers.. Dave 

Come on Dave, you know you really really really want to join :wicked:

• Haha 1

So I have decided on a C-130J

It is started but I am pretty sure it will pass the 25% rule, all I have done is rescribed the fuselage and one wing, added resin engines to one wing and added replacement undercarriage sponsons. Still need to attack the cockpit, rescribe the other wing and add the tanker specific parts. The props in the image are for another C-130J build BTW.... I must be mad!

33700403788_f8210604b2_b.jpg

• Like 10

2 minutes ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

It is started but I am pretty sure it will pass the 25% rule, all I have done is rescribed the fuselage and one wing, added resin engines to one wing and added replacement undercarriage sponsons. Still need to attack the cockpit, rescribe the other wing and add the tanker specific parts. The props in the image are for another C-130J build BTW.... I must be mad!

Nice choice Ray. I see you have completely ignored the wishes of the masses and gone down your own route :giggle:  Kudos. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

Come on Dave, you know you really really really want to join :wicked:

Stop those demon voices I tell you.. stop STOP!! 

I’ll watch on from afar and see if have the will power to not crack open yet another kit. 

Cheers and good luck to all.. Dave 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Good afternoon Ray

I confirm that it is below the 25% rule ..

I am looking forward to follow the rest of this very interesting build ..

Patrice

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Rabbit Leader said:

Stop those demon voices I tell you.. stop STOP!! 

I’ll watch on from afar and see if have the will power to not crack open yet another kit. 

Cheers and good luck to all.. Dave 

Good afternoon Dave

I must admit that  I admire you for resisting the call of the Lighting* coming from your stash ''Build me " ''Build me " ''Build me " ''Build me " ....

(* replace by whatever Lockheed aircraft kit ..) ..

Cheers

Patrice

• Like 2

16 hours ago, TEMPESTMK5 said:

Good afternoon Ray

I confirm that it is below the 25% rule ..

I am looking forward to follow the rest of this very interesting build ..

Patrice

Thanks Patrice, I have had a quick look at my previous efforts at scribing and it looks like I will need to do some filling and rescribing in places. And then onto the other wing that has not be touched.

Looking forward to getting back into this one and getting one more off the shelf of doom.

If I may I have another C-130J-30 started that I might piggyback on this thread and show its progress, but I will not submit it as an entry. Just want to share the Hercules love!

2 hours ago, Romeo Alpha Yankee said:

Thanks Patrice, I have had a quick look at my previous efforts at scribing and it looks like I will need to do some filling and rescribing in places. And then onto the other wing that has not be touched.

Looking forward to getting back into this one and getting one more off the shelf of doom.

If I may I have another C-130J-30 started that I might piggyback on this thread and show its progress, but I will not submit it as an entry. Just want to share the Hercules love!

Good morning RAY

There is always room for an Hercules , don't hesitate to show us your J-30..

I never had the opportunity to fly on this aircraft when I served in the French Air Force 14 years ago but I like it ...

Patrice

Edited by TEMPESTMK5

Good morning Ray

During my career in the French Air Force I only ''travelled'' in Transall , C135FR , DC 8 and Airbus 310  , at the time (and it seems to me that this is still the case now) there was only a dozen or so C130 in service ..

Patrice

• Like 1

I was “baggage” too in an RAF C130, 8 hours rattling across from Goose Bay to Lyneham, in one which engine had had engine “issues” before boarding. 

Hows the build going?

9 hours ago, Hockeyboy76 said:

I was “baggage” too in an RAF C130, 8 hours rattling across from Goose Bay to Lyneham, in one which engine had had engine “issues” before boarding. 

Hows the build going?

Current working on my Trainers GB entry at the moment, I will be gathering the parts together in my next session since it is not in its original box anymore and see how much more work is required before parts start to go together.

I need to prime the work I have done to see how much scribing correction is required and will start scribing the other wing. Update to follow soon.

• Like 1