2x Su-34 Fullback 1/48 dual build

I would like to share a dual build OOB of two kitty hawk 1/48 Su-34. Making 2 at a time is such as laborious task, which most certainly can be categorized as a form of self-torture and I shall gladly never attempt again.

The kit is incredibly detailed buth riddled with many issues and unclear instructions. 

eWwSIzs.jpg

hGS3oY0.jpg

1nTspaX.jpg

6dFUTVT.jpg

LCHsUpU.jpg

9WfoOzn.jpg

L6DE0QB.jpg

0s17k0S.jpg

Dj7k5Sw.jpg

IMa0Nmv.jpg

OWm59vY.jpg

Q4D1oIN.jpg

Ko1JEUn.jpg

D01L7t7.jpg

FuIpDnU.jpg

• Like 27
  • Thanks 1

I've never completed any dual build I've started so congratulations on that alone!

The results speak for themselves though - they both look superb. Well done! 

Both look very good indeed and thanks for the pics. What were the pitfalls you mention as like others, I have one in the stash and would be grateful for any pointers or tips to look for/avoid etc...?

Gary

They both came out great!  I think I am partial to the lighter blue version as I can see all the work you have done to weather/accent the panel lines, which turned out looking very nice.  

On 4/8/2019 at 2:37 AM, redcap said:

Both look very good indeed and thanks for the pics. What were the pitfalls you mention as like others, I have one in the stash and would be grateful for any pointers or tips to look for/avoid etc...?

Gary

1. The cockpit base has fitting issue. When you place the cockpit on the lower fuselage, the upper fuselage cannot close. I had to trim and cut off major chunk of the base of the cockpit.
  2. Instruction menu does not tell which pylon to use with which ordnance
  3. Some parts have the small pimples that suppose to help you glue and fit onto the main fuselage but there are no holes available. So I end up trimming them off.
  4. Some tiny parts are super fragile
  5. landing gear has fitting issues
  6. Nose is light will tilt slight backward, recommend to add weight inside the nose cone.

They are all manageable but can make life easier if knew beforehand. 

Edited by jzsn
  • Like 1

On 4/10/2019 at 6:54 AM, jzsn said:
  1. The cockpit base has fitting issue. When you place the cockpit on the lower fuselage, the upper fuselage cannot close. I had to trim and cut off major chunk of the base of the cockpit.
  2. Instruction menu does not tell which pylon to use with which ordnance
  3. Some parts have the small pimples that suppose to help you glue and fit onto the main fuselage but there are no holes available. So I end up trimming them off.
  4. Some tiny parts are super fragile
  5. landing gear has fitting issues
  6. Nose is light will tilt slight backward, recommend to add weight inside the nose cone.

They are all manageable but can make life easier if knew beforehand. 

Just made a note of these on the instruction sheet. Thank you for taking the time to reply; I appreciate it.

Kind regards.

Gary